Hi all, I've just joined forum,I've been reading up on NS200 scopes.I have just bought one, out first time tonight,so disappointed not in NS200 but it must be my set up.

Tikka m595 22/250 swarovski 8x50 habicht with a t8 mod. I think it doesn't like scope. I have a few in mind which seem to get a good report.Mtc Genesis, Mtc Viper 4-16x50, Mtc Mamba light,

Mtc Mamba, Hawke Sidewinder tac 30 4.5-14x44.I will need two one for 22/250 and 22 rimfire.Could you please help me decide what to buy as I'm desperate to get it set up properly,also i think i will also need some other support to hold camera could anyone recommend anything.

cheers

Seatrout

Hi seatrout , I have the nitesite ns200 and it goes on my Hawke varmint 2.5-10x44 side focus for my Air Arms TX200 177 , and i have a Hawke Eclipse 30 side focus 4-16x50 ir for my CZ455 .22lr , you need a scope with parallax adjustment , these two scopes work perfectly with the ns200 crystal clear image , i dont have experience with the MTC scopes but i have read good reviews on them for the nitesite , some scopes have coatings which interfere with the nitesite clarity , i hope this helps , Fernando

• Like 1

Hi all,well scopes came on Monday thanks scottcountry bang on when you said they would arrive.Well took day of work today,mounted scopes on .22 and 22/250 went out this afternoon to zero them,first problem ran out of elevation could only get it to 2 inch high at 100 yards 22/250 will have to resolve that..22 was no problem.

Well i had some rotten pheasant's put them out around 80 yards then settled down and waited for darkness, mounted ns200 in daylight no probs soon as it caught dark whiteout put some tape across bottom of scope helped a little.Sat with spotter and seen fox come in lifted rifle could not see a thing,gave up will get it another day.

When i arrived home set it up again removed T8 mod it seemed fine,put on sunshade refitted T8 it was a lot better,hope this will resolve prob,i will definitely need to get a DSA as i think camera moves far to easy with rubber mount you spend all your time trying to adjust it.

Hi Seatrout, I tried the NS200 and had all the same problems that you are having. But luckily for me, it was just one that I had borrowed from a mate to try. So I opted for the snipercam which I have on my 243 with a leopold 6.5-24 scope and a nightmaster 800 and I can see clearly out to 300 yards. And my scope does not have a side parallax. I live in west cumbria if you'd like to come and have a look at my set up, you are quite welcome to come and check it out, or I could come up, depending on how far up you are. I personally have found the sniper cam a lot better value for money and a lot better NV than the NS200. When its on your scope, its on your scope, it doesn't move around. Its an all in one unit, plus has a recording capability built in.

• Like 1

Hi Pinkfoot 1, thanks for offer but I'm about 4 hours away, the picture i was getting without t8 was great hopefully sunshade will sort it out,i have also ordered a cobra dsa so that should sort out movement,also i don't like pushing plastic mounts onto scope.

• 4 weeks later...