Jill Jab Or Hob Vasectomy

Vac hob every time for me,why not get one in(so you've still got your hob to breed from) to be vasectomised?

Mines not used for ferreting at all as he's got more use to me and my pals for bringing Jill's out and tbh my Jill's came in a few times each last year so would've cost me a lot more than the £70i paid to have him done plus pumping them full of drugs can't be good for them.

Lucky bugger sorts mine out then goes on his sex holidays to my trusted pals to sort there's and when my vet sends his clients ferts to me to use him they stay at mine with him and I charge them for his services,paid for the job a couple of times over last year.

Vasectomised Hob, every time. I`d never be without one now. HAte the jill jab, as in my view it can kill a ferret that is not in 100% condition, including jills that have had extended seasons. DOn`t like it, won`t ever use it again, lost my best Jill, so its proper shagging for my Jills from now on.

It's a major op if my best girls snuffed it I would be gutted, it's a known fact spayed nueterd ferts are more susceptible to adrenal disease and throw the towel in early as far as work goes ,

The op really isn't that bad, probably looks worse than it is. All my jills are spayed and started war-dancing even before GA worn off :laugh: No complications whatsoever with them and as fit and healthy as ever. Spaying also prevents other hormonal complications, but as you say Adrenal Disease tends to make people doubtful.

However Adrenal Disease is relatively rare in the UK and cannot necessarily be pinned on spaying. It is rife in America where ferts are mass farmed for pets stores and neutered/spayed under 6 weeks, kept indoors with artificial lighting 24/7 and fed all sorts of unsuitable foods/treats.

As long as the kit is approx 6 months old before op, kept in as much of a natural environment as poss (outdoors) and fed properly, can't find anything that would predispose to Adrenal Disease. If the condition did arise in later years a Suprelorin implant is highly effective, but again Adrenal Disease is rare provided sensible care is taken.

Think you'd have to be pretty unlucky to lose a jill to a spay op. Atb.

Edited by ferret100

my plan was to get a hob done iv heard its a really easy op and if it does was it should do its worthits weight in gold, i then have the option or bringing jills out of season as and when i dont want a litter. i do want to get a litter from one of my small sandy jills and my small polecat, but im not in no rush

i wouldnt want to mess around with getting my jills spayed as i have heard the storys about it going wrong and things like that,

im thinking of getting my large polecat done iv had afew litters out of him that have all been great hes done more than enough work in his time, i have basically retired him for rabbting due to his size and with me now having ferrets that are more ideal for the job, but with him havin afew litters i know he will do the business with no problem,