Hey all, just got to work and found a pigeon out the back that was in a pretty bad way. His eye was very badly injured and head seemed to be leaning to one side, I decided the best thing was to pull his neck whick I have done many times before but the darn thing still wanted to walk around which I jave never seen before. Is this normal?

Atb

George

Pull the neck till it cracks job done... Or just pull the head off as you often see over aggressive people do haha, can't say it's normal I have never come across it before, if you twist and pulled till a dull thud for the spine breaking it should be dead...beats me !

Ive had nerves twitching after they have been dead for a few minutes.. even after the head has come off you can still get it, its just electrical impulses in the muscles, a little un-nerving but its normal and I wouldn't worry about it

Every bird I shoot now, even if they look stone dead, I give them a final neck swing just to make sure they are gone.

I just hold the head then flick them over in a circular motion with a sharp stop at the bottom, breaks every time :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

Ive had nerves twitching after they have been dead for a few minutes.. even after the head has come off you can still get it, its just electrical impulses in the muscles, a little un-nerving but its normal and I wouldn't worry about it

Every bird I shoot now, even if they look stone dead, I give them a final neck swing just to make sure they are gone.

I just hold the head then flick them over in a circular motion with a sharp stop at the bottom, breaks every time :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

Haha I don't want try that I have an image of the head staying in my hand and a spray of blood and pigeon is at disconnects!

ATB

Adam

Haha I don't want try that I have an image of the head staying in my hand and a spray of blood and pigeon is at disconnects!

Haha it sometimes happens but more often than not it dosnt, you will get a feel for it :thumbs:

ATB

Adam