cat trap

Guest andy p

they make a noise all right :o if your in a council property you have to get :whistling: them out and realese them quickly i normally give them the hose pipe treatment to deter them from coming back if they persist then other more permanent tatics have to be implemented a strong pair of welders gloves should be used if your handling them

You could put some poison in the bait used in the trap, the cat wont make a noise then :whistling::D

:no: That could turn out to be an expensive way to rid yourself of a cat if you get caught using poison as it is highly illegal, not to mention non-selective.

I have caught quite a few moggies in cages over the years and some come quietly and others sing out (especially Siamese and Burmese). Just check the trap regularly and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you push them out into a sack and tie the neck they will lie quietly enough until you deal with them in your chosen way :whistling:

OTC

Just for the record, deliberately catching, harming or killing a domestic cat is probably illegal, but is certainly anti-social and not something this site would encourage.

However feral cats are much like any animal pest and do need to be controlled. Cage traps are a good tool as they do allow you to be selective in how you deal with what is caught.

Just thought I'd make that clear for any new members or guests reading this thread.

Just for the record, deliberately catching, harming or killing a domestic cat is probably illegal, but is certainly anti-social and not something this site would encourage.

However feral cats are much like any animal pest and do need to be controlled. Cage traps are a good tool as they do allow you to be selective in how you deal with what is caught.

Just thought I'd make that clear for any new members or guests reading this thread.

:clapper::clapper:

Sorry John - forgot to mention that bit. :doh:

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

" Poison ", FFS! Just what the Anti's come here for. There is no 'Poison' legally permissable in the UK for use against cats, domestic, feral or otherwise. WTF is this place? A forum for " Hunters " or a bloody remedial schools playground? :angry:

Last word in dealing with 'Cats': Remember; Always take a legally (as in caught on written permissioned land) cage trapped cat straight to the rspca. Leave it in their care and ye'll not be bothered by it again :angel:

Guest Scuba1

Well thats what these feline training devices are for and they do not call them CATapults for nothing. If that does not get them out of my garden, the 6,5X 68 does the trick and then they are very quiet as a rule.

Note: I do not live in the UK and it is not against the law where I am, as long as one uses a minimum calibre of .22

ATB

Michael

" Poison ", FFS! Just what the Anti's come here for. There is no 'Poison' legally permissable in the UK for use against cats, domestic, feral or otherwise. WTF is this place? A forum for " Hunters " or a bloody remedial schools playground? :angry:

Last word in dealing with 'Cats': Remember; Always take a legally (as in caught on written permissioned land) cage trapped cat straight to the rspca. Leave it in their care and ye'll not be bothered by it again :angel:

Good answer DS.

Always maintain the upper hand by staying within the law.

You can't be faulted that way.

/Mad