Can Rabbits Pass Diseases To My Ferrets?

Hey Guys, I keep rabbits largely to feed my ferrets I'm having a lazy day and not going out hunting or for supplying the local falconry club. What I'm wondering is if they can pass any diseases to my ferrets? I just give them whole rabbit as I figured that's closer to what they would eat naturally. I regularly worm the ferrets if that helps.

Only tetnus as far as i am aware, which is only a problem for you, if they bite and you havent had jabs. Other than that, just take caution and dont feed them diseased looking rabbits (mange or tic ridden are key to avoid).

Cheers, good to know.

Ferrets, like most animals are only carriers of tetanus. This means that its harmless to them and they wont have an symptoms. It also means you can't and won't need to cure it. It does mean if you get bitten and havent had a tetanus jab, you should keep an eye on the bite and if it becomes very swollen, you should seek medical advice. Otherwise, i dont think there is a single disease that is transferable from rabbits. Dogs however, are a different case. So if your dog is ill. Keep him away from your stinkers.