Help With Knife Making

I will have some bits and bobs for sale end of the week if that helps ? I'm happy to help you get started just ask questions and you will get flooded with answers . It's a mine field topic , one that's easy to get lost in . But lots of guys on here are learning and producing some great work! And enjoying the production of something they can and do use . Buying a blank and handling it is a great place to start as the hard bit is done , as you progress you might want to forge a knife or make o e from reclaim steel , me and other guys can help with any of those options .

Good luck !!

All the next , matt

best is a proper linishing machine but there expensive , i used to use a black and decker power file , rasps, sandpaper , disks on an angle grinder you name it , if i had to pick one id say the black&decker would be my choice if i dint have the machine i do .

you will amased how good you get at controlling the machine and how close to finnished you get with it , then hand sand for a nice finnish .

They don't last long I find so if you buy one make sure you get your years warranty I just killed my second one in 2 years !! The speed control is useful on them , and there are sellers on eBay that offer belts from 30 grit ceramic to 400grit aluminium oxide very cheaply in mixed bundles of your choice . That a few clamps some good apoxie and a handful of sand paper will see you through the job .

ok thanks and dunno its a decent big industrial one as I'm a fabricator engineer lol so I'll use an old worn belt then hand du it with fine :)

HiJack (always wanted to shout that to a mate on a plane :laugh: )

Here's a few tutorials that may help you when you start making them..

Northcoast Tutorials

Good luck with the knife making- it's a great feeling when they come together :thumbs:

Cheers, John :bye: