Making Or Buying

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started making mine last week and got 23 done so far. Passes the time in the evenings and a lot more satisfying and ye can make them any size that suits....and dont take long to learn how to make them

Time you buy the twine etc it is probably cheaper to buy but i like to make my own things. Not that i am tight but i get more satisfaction making all my own gear be it ferreting gear of fishing lures,

honestly it doesnt take long to learn making them. I used this vid to start me off and ok i messed up the first two itried but after that im flying. Ive been out tried and tested my nets and was using

honestly it doesnt take long to learn making them. I used this vid to start me off and ok i messed up the first two itried but after that im flying. Ive been out tried and tested my nets and was using shop bought for years, even only after one session with the stinkers i wont be using my bisleys again. A lot easier to set and 10 times easier to pack up with 90% less crap being snagged in them. Best bet is buy a few of one of the lads here and then try them out and then when you see the difference in quality and ease of use .....then venture into making your own :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think the video above is one of the easiest to learn from, its the one I used. I didnt find the book "Net Making For Sport" anything more than inspirational, crap really.

Riggers Beware!!! Making purse nets may lead to making poke nets, fox nets, stop nets and bloody long nets!

• Like 1

I think the video above is one of the easiest to learn from, its the one I used. I didnt find the book "Net Making For Sport" anything more than inspirational, crap really.

Riggers Beware!!! Making purse nets may lead to making poke nets, fox nets, stop nets and bloody long nets!

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

This ones pretty good, so are his other films.

I also found Agoutis are good too, if a little to fast at some points

He has loads more on his website :thumbs:

Theres a lad called Gunner on youtube, and I would not bother with his method, but each to there own.

A few Years ago I was down at Mates place in Suffolk to do a bit of Netting and had the privelage to browse through the pages of the above mentioned Book! ... I wonder how many Folk who have this Book actually spotted the Slip Knotts in one of the Pictures .. ? :hmm:

Regards.

• Like 1

A few Years ago I was down at Mates place in Suffolk to do a bit of Netting and had the privelage to browse through the pages of the above mentioned Book! ... I wonder how many Folk who have this Book actually spotted the Slip Knotts in one of the Pictures .. ? :hmm:

Regards.

Ha ha ha, yeah Bill. Whilst on the subject of "room for improvement" photographs, That other net book you personally get highly praised in, in the dropnet section, theres a photo with "Down it all comes, like poetry in motion" Hardly, looks like the near section of net is a foot high off the floor, and the far section looks like it runs off up into the tree... :icon_redface::laugh:

Time you buy the twine etc it is probably cheaper to buy but i like to make my own things. Not that i am tight but i get more satisfaction making all my own gear be it ferreting gear of fishing lures, fly's etc.

handmade :thumbs:,what kind of lures do you make lc?

sorry for going off topic,pm if you like ;)

Toby type, a kinked spoon type, derwent spoons, i also used to make pike plugs but gave them to my mate who fishes for pike regular, i like salmon, sea trout and brownie fishing.

ive made my own nets, probabaly for the past 35yrs and still enjoy it, fox nets, long nets, poke nets,ditch nets, all good fun, and to my way of thinking,every rabbitting man should know how to do it,ive had lads come to me and ive shown them,and because of lack of dedication they,ve stopped, and i end up making them,and they buy them from me, i dont mind,gives me a bit of beer money .every year i have lads come back for nets,which is nice,i stash a bit of what ive made and get more twine and ring, i like doing it,i make to order and ,any size.