Making Or Buying

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started making mine last week and got 23 done so far. Passes the time in the evenings and a lot more satisfying and ye can make them any size that suits....and dont take long to learn how to make them

Time you buy the twine etc it is probably cheaper to buy but i like to make my own things. Not that i am tight but i get more satisfaction making all my own gear be it ferreting gear of fishing lures,

honestly it doesnt take long to learn making them. I used this vid to start me off and ok i messed up the first two itried but after that im flying. Ive been out tried and tested my nets and was using

It certainly give you a sense of pride knowing you've bought your dog and ferrets on and made them what they are and your netting up and catching with nets you've made..........I bought all my hand made nets in a deal and they worked out at 80p each so I haven't bothered making any

Keep saying about making them Tryed once F'd up and have never Tryed agaIn lol

You would be far better getting somebody in your area to show you how to knit them and it lets you ask any questions as they pop up far better than trying to learn out a book or on the net mate , i try to show 3 or 4 guys a year how to knit nets

Time you buy the twine etc it is probably cheaper to buy but i like to make my own things. Not that i am tight but i get more satisfaction making all my own gear be it ferreting gear of fishing lures, fly's etc.

handmade :thumbs:,what kind of lures do you make lc?

sorry for going off topic,pm if you like ;)

Keep saying about making them Tryed once F'd up and have never Tryed agaIn lol

You would be far better getting somebody in your area to show you how to knit them and it lets you ask any questions as they pop up far better than trying to learn out a book or on the net mate , i try to show 3 or 4 guys a year how to knit nets

There ain't anyone near me I know of that makes them mate as you said its hard to learn from a book

I worked out it costs me 92 p per 3ft 6inch net in spun polyester, so its much cheaper and you have nice satisfaction when you are catching with nets you have made. I have never bought nets, I'm too tight! But looking back on my first attempts my quality has come on a long way. Although my first attempts still catch fine :)