Whos Home?

Hi lads. Im new to the sport and hoping to start my first terrier soon as shes cumin up 2 years old. Shes self enterd a cople of times. last time sayed down bayin for 10min or so. then back out .Untill now iv done a lot of rough shooting with her and shes spot on. If I'm honest I never intended to use her for earth work. But she's sowing an interest and after joining the forum I am to! I'm lucky enough to have plenty of permission. Due to the old man being a farmer. And we contract rear game birds so I'm within the law. My biggest concern is how do I no wether it's Charlie at home? Also iv read its beter to start them on a easy dig i take this to mean shallow? If someone could tell me the basics to look for I'd apriciate it. Cheers

I may be off the mark but by "My biggest concern is how do I no wether it's Charlie at home?" ...I'm assuming you mean that it's def fox and not badger? Like has been said everyone has to start somewhere and def the best idea is to go out with someone experienced that will show you the ropes, if you want to get a head start to know what signs to look out for go on the national working terrier federation website there's plenty of info on there on what signs to look out for and code of conduct for working a terrier to ground.

• Like 1