Returning to Air-Rifles - BSA or Weihrauch ?

After 30 odd years of no air rifle, i wish to 'recaputre' my youth and attempt to get a decent springer. I always lusted after a Mercury or Airsporter ' S ' , But never really achieved it.

I had been looking at a BSA Lightning XL or a BSA Superstar, if i get a BSA then i want one of the Brummie versions not the Gammo.

So which models am i looking at.... a carbine would be nice as well.

On the Weihrauch side my thoughs were a 97k or a 77k

Just to be used for general plinking and target (paper) shooting.

Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What they said!   You'd be amazed at the difference between a hw and a beeza mate   Cheers, wurz

if you can wait a while mate, you'll be able to pick up a nice but old for around 150-200, theyre always turning up on gunstar/gunmart etc   the older ones are better engineered than the new ones,

Having looked at the HW's.... i came across one i had not even considered, the HW98. It looks stunning, and although a bit more than the 95 i think i will try and find a mint one on the web. Thanks fo

For plinking and paper target shooting I would go for a Weihrauch HW98 in .177 caliber mate.

You then have the option of using it for HFT, FT where you have got a nice stock that you can easily customize to your build and face / cheek structure, plus you could use it for hunting if you fancy it at a later date.

All the HW's are awesome though so whether you go for a 95, 97, 80, 98, 77 or 35 you wont go wrong.

Right then, i guess its Germany all the way :yes:

A break barrel would be nice and if possible a leftie, i have seen a nice HW80 but its not the carbine and its in a custom leftie stock (very nice), but it is also £300 with no scope !

A break barrel would be nice and if possible a leftie, i have seen a nice HW80 but its not the carbine and its in a custom leftie stock (very nice), but it is also £300 with no scope !

if you can wait a while mate, you'll be able to pick up a nice but old 80 for around 150-200, theyre always turning up on gunstar/gunmart etc

the older ones are better engineered than the new ones, they just dont look as shiny lol

cheers, wurz

• Like 1

you will get a better deal than that s/h online for sure just bide your time one will come up sales on here ,airgun forum, airgun bbs, gunstar people like buying and selling more than shooting. no rush.