i know all this, what i want to know is where i can get it without a perscription .

the human equivelant to fuciderm is fucibet but i think its only available in a cream. can you not just use an anti bactrial wash and penicilin :hmm:

i know all this, what i want to know is where i can get it without a perscription .

the human equivelant to fuciderm is fucibet but i think its only available in a cream. can you not just use an anti bactrial wash and penicillin :hmm:

It was the only thing that cleared up a long lasting toe cut on my lurcher- penicilin etc had no effect

the human equivelant to fuciderm is fucibet but i think its only available in a cream. can you not just use an anti bactrial wash and penicilin :hmm:

Cheers paulus,ive seen fucibet but im sure thats perscription only too.Ive tried various washes like medicated dog shampoos/hibiscrub,The dogs problem clears when using hibiscrub but then comes back couple weeks later.My neighbour gave me some fuciderm and that seems to keep the rash at bay,this is why i wanted some more.The dog has had skin probs on and off since he was a pup.First of all i thought it was a bad change of coat.I got him around 6 mth old off a mate and he was very thin furred but as he's got older he suffers from bald thigh syndrome(this is a throwback to the greyhound blood) but occasionally he's nibbling his front legs and his feet which makes them look sore and rashy looking.He's had antibiotics(cefalexin),he's had advocate and panacure,ive changed his diet to biscuit/barf/veg,Im changing his bedding from woodshavings to shredded paper(which ive been told may help the bald thigh syndrome).The only thing ive got left to try is benzyl benzoate.Its annoying because i have never had a dog with a skin problem.And if ive tried everything and nothing works then im gonna have to bite the bullet and take him to the vet.post-67832-0-42405800-1357681796.jpgtheres a pic of his leg below. Edited by spazzy paddy

does the infected area smell fusty? if it does it could be mange, benzol will cure mange, have you tried charcoal and tar shampoo from the pet shop, it does look more of an irritation than an infection have you tried giving it an anti histermine tablat for a week or so? you can also get anti itch cream from horse places, fuciderm is just an antibitic and corticosteroid anti-inflammatory gel. try getting fuciderm here http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md/search.php?mode=search&page=1

does the infected area smell fusty? if it does it could be mange, benzol will cure mange, have you tried charcoal and tar shampoo from the pet shop, it does look more of an irritation than an infection have you tried giving it an anti histermine tablat for a week or so? you can also get anti itch cream from horse places, fuciderm is just an antibitic and corticosteroid anti-inflammatory gel. try getting fuciderm here http://www.unitedpha...e=search&page=1

hi mate, no it dont smell, its only on his legs and feet, i did think it was a type of alligery to wood shavings or grass so will try antihistermines failing this i will get fuciderm from the link above cheers mate :thumbs:
  • 9 years later...

Research shows that fucidin cream is used to treat conditions where the skin is mostly infected by germs and bacteria, such as Impetigo (a weeping, crusty and swollen patch of skin)Infected dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) and spots Infected cuts and grazes. You can use as per doctor advice.  Fusidic acid does belongs to a class of medications known as antibiotics. For other medication you can also careprost

Fuciderm is prescription only in the U.K.

I get my family to bring me a load of it from Saudi when they come to visit, you can get it over the counter there.

I use it on myself when needed,  and on the dogs, it's the only treatment I've ever found for lick granuloma in dogs.

Cheers.