Has anyone seen this race whippet?

Hi, mate. If that is a Pedigree Whippet, then the U.S. Whippet seems to have deviated a long way from the Breed Standard; that dog looks very much like the Non-Ped Whippets that are popular here in the U.K. There seems to be Greyhound blood in there, just going by the photo. A fine looking dog, nontheless !

Here's a link to both Ped and Non-Ped Whippets, you may find useful . :thumbs:

http://www.dogforum.co.uk/

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

Hi, mate. If that is a Pedigree Whippet, then the U.S. Whippet seems to have deviated a long way from the Breed Standard; that dog looks very much like the Non-Ped Whippets that are popular here in the U.K. There seems to be Greyhound blood in there, just going by the photo. A fine looking dog, nontheless !

Here's a link to both Ped and Non-Ped Whippets, you may find useful . :thumbs:

http://www.dogforum.co.uk/

Cheers.

Like you say it looks more like a bwra whippet. Had a look at its ped and all the whippets on the generation ped that you see standing up are of the same stamp. Very interesting that.

• Like 1

He's 20". I have talked about this family of whippets on a couple other threads. Something I would like to point out again is that the top ten dogs in the National Open Field Coursing Association for the season consisted of 7 salukis and 3 whippets. All three of those whippets came from the QuiXand kennel (USA). When I check out race resluts across the various racing organizations here, if there is a QuiXand dog in the race it usually wins.

He's 20". I have talked about this family of whippets on a couple other threads. Something I would like to point out again is that the top ten dogs in the National Open Field Coursing Association for the season consisted of 7 salukis and 3 whippets. All three of those whippets came from the QuiXand kennel (USA). When I check out race resluts across the various racing organizations here, if there is a QuiXand dog in the race it usually wins.

Checked the website some tidy dogs