Ground anchors

Although I have made some in the past out of washers, to good effect, does anybody know of anywhere selling this style of ground anchor?

It was the type sold by Protrapper :wallbash: .

They just hold a little better in soft peat than the washer type, and I still have the setting bar.

Thanks

post-51049-0-74231700-1357236936_thumb.jpg

Cheers logun, is that a piece of rebar you are using?

I could make those out of the same guage wire I make the swivels from??

If I was clever enough I would make the other ones I stuck up in the photo, its only mild steel tubing and a hex nut welded on!!

I take it the two bits of wire sticking upwards, pull out when the anchor is set. If so what stops them doing a 180, and will they hold in soft soil do you think?

Thanks for you time pal.

they hold .. can make them any size you like

Thanks pal. Very helpful, I have all the stuff here now so I will give it a go :thumbs:

I take it the two bits of wire sticking upwards, pull out when the anchor is set. If so what stops them doing a 180, and will they hold in soft soil do you think?

Thanks for you time pal.

they hold .. can make them any size you like

Thanks pal. Very helpful, I have all the stuff here now so I will give it a go :thumbs:

You can make the style shown very easily tegater if you have the gear. A welder and chopsaw, rattle a lot of in no time.