Diana 52 177

Hi all i have been offerd a diana mod 52 in very good condition with a hawke 6x42 scope and plastic gun box . Just wonderd if anyone had any info on this gun inc reliability / power / cost / ect . Any info appreciated .Thanks ATB .

I have one in .177. It's over thirty years old and looks like it's been used as a gate prop for most of it's life before I got it four years ago. It shoots beautifully, as accurate as I could ever want and for a springer, very little recoil when in normal sub 12 format. It's the second one I've had and It's not a gun I'll ever part with.

I paid £150 for mine which considering the state it was in was probably a bit too much but they don't come up too often and tend to hold a premium. Those that have them tend to keep them.

The only down side (for some...) is that they are on the weighty side and are physically pretty large but my 14 year old boy can manage it without any real problems, just fit a sling.

• Like 2

Hello Jerry.

In total agreement with Andy here. I've shot with his Diana 52 and it's a genuine beauty. It is a weighty rifle but, then again, top spring rifles should be. Extremely accurate, smooth cocking and firing cycle and consistent power. Well worth grabbing one when they appear; and that isn't very often. Definitely one I'd have in my collection. :thumbs:

Seems like you might have a great deal going for you here.

:thumbs:

Pianoman.

• Like 1

Beautiful guns

They are superbly built and are lovey to shoot when well set up.

One word of warning though.

These rifles have the largest swept volume of cylinder of any air rifle, They were designed for the continental and US markets and were de-powered a lot for the UK market. Be VERY careful that it is 12ft lbs.

To give an example, the last one I shot was 39 ft lbs or so.

Don`t be tempted to tune though as at high powers the rifle is not nearly nice to shoot, and honestly 12 is all you require if you develop your skills.

Enjoy it bud, they are lovely guns

• Like 2

Holy Moley! Forty quid... And you were wondering if you should go ahead on this? :icon_eek:

You Jammy bugger! :laugh: :laugh: You have a beauty of a rifle there for as good as nowt'

Agreed with Rake on your PJs by the way! :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 2

Thanks lads ineed to pick up a cheep pcp now to replace the ones i had to sell for next to nothing when times got tough ! What do you think the diana would be worth ? Thanks for all replys, a great site with some great people ATB

Thanks lads ineed to pick up a cheep pcp now to replace the ones i had to sell for next to nothing when times got tough ! What do you think the diana would be worth ? Thanks for all replys, a great site with some great people ATB

Theese generally go for around £250, I have a soft spot for theese so keep an eye out for them. there was one in my local gun shop for this also with a few marks on it.

Its a hard thing to do when you have to part with your pride and joy guns during hard times, Iv had to do it several times myself and its abserlutely great to hear that you got yourself a bargain!

atb Tom.

• Like 2