Any one know a good sight for a F.A.C rated air gun please!!

Well FAC air is very similar to normal Air so any decent scope will work fine.

There are many many makes out there but you cant really go wrong with a Hawke for airguns & you can use the chairgun software with it to help accuracy.

I would go for a Hawke Panorama EV4-12x50 - good spec (side focus, IR) and not top end prices

ATB

Adam

Well FAC air is very similar to normal Air so any decent scope will work fine.

There are many many makes out there but you cant really go wrong with a Hawke for airguns & you can use the chairgun software with it to help accuracy.

I would go for a Hawke Panorama EV4-12x50 - good spec (side focus, IR) and not top end prices

ATB

Adam

are they doing a side focus model now? mines front obvjective twisty thingy lol

Ahh many apologies if im wrong,

The one I looked at on uttings looked like it had side focus and no front focus but after looking it might be a Varmint picture with a Panorama name

I was also under the impression Si had one on his HW97KT and that was Side focus.....

http://www.uttings.c...ir-rifle-scope/

My bad

Still a very good scope though

ATB

Adam

No thats just the normal scope mate without the AO.

The thing on the side is the blue and red illuminated ret dial

How does the scope with the AO compare to the one without? I don't like the front AO turntable thing on my hawke night eye ir ao and prefer my old hawke endurance with any fancy things on it.

Plus why get the larger 50mm compared to the 40mm I also prefer the 44mm lense to the 50mm lense of the nite eye?

Thanks

No thats just the normal scope mate without the AO.

The thing on the side is the blue and red illuminated ret dial

How does the scope with the AO compare to the one without? I don't like the front AO turntable thing on my hawke night eye ir ao and prefer my old hawke endurance with any fancy things on it.

Plus why get the larger 50mm compared to the 40mm I also prefer the 44mm lense to the 50mm lense of the nite eye?

Thanks

I agree with you entirely. GOOD LENSES of 40mm will outperform mediocre lenses of 50mm - a Nikon 32mm will outperform the Panorama! The 2-7x32 Prostaff is a fabulous, compact scope - for FAC I would look a little higher at the 3-9x40 or the 4-12 x 40 Prostaff. The BDC reticule is ideal and makes target acquisition much faster than fussy reticules.

Another to look at is the Bushnell 4200 series - glorious lenses. At failing light you will be glad you spent the extra - or when there is glare from the sun pouring into one end of a buildinng through the Yorkshire boarding. When the Panorama and co white out with flare and internal reflections the Nikon or Bushnell will still give you a clear sight picture. I AM NOT ADVOCATING LOOKING AT THE SUN - I am talking about when there is stray light in front of the lens. Too many scopes I have tried are simply PANTS in this situation, scopes that people rave about as being "good" - they aren't they are poor at best and garbage in reality. You can use the bottom knocked out of a milk bottle in normal daylight, that is no test of scope optical performance. Try shooting at night by the light of the moon only - that will test your scope for you. The Prostaff is as bright as some £900 + models I have tried.

• Like 1

Mtc viper....had them on most of my air rifles..got one on my gaystate ph6 which is doing near 30ftp

My mate had a Viper on his Wolf....he had to give up shooting 40 minutes before me, because it got too dark for him....he cam,e tramping up through the woods where I was roosting the pigeons still, happily shooting away. he wondered where I had got to, and couldn't believe I could still see to shoot accurately. He changed his scope as soon as he got home!

Edited by Acuspell

Yeh fare enough I thought they were value for money really...BUT I'd only use smit on my bullet guns..I'm still using the mtc on the daystate and with a very low lumen led torch I pop pheasents out of there roosts so for what I do its cool....

You can talk and debate about scopes and which is the best for ever Acuspell, as all scopes will have a positive plus a negative to it.

I know German air rifle shooters from where i used to be posted 2 years ago that used Zeiss scopes on their 7 joule Weihrauchs to shoot at targets with in an indoor range 10 meter range.

This scope was over kill for a air rifle IMO and would probably shoot 20 minutes longer than your scope would mate, probably five to ten times the cost though which is a big disadvantage and a big no need.

http://www.uttings.c...-52-54-15-9960/

I personally haven't witnessed this white out / flare that you mention on my Panorama EV of Sidewinder 30 in normal day time conditions, I'm not saying it doesn't happen just that i have not witnessed it yet. I have on a Tasco Big Country and other cheaper Hawke scopes from time to time but only on high mag.

What some look for in a air rifle scope is different from what others look for I think, and your comments seem to just lead around light gathering in dark situations and bright light white out in lots of light. (even expensive HFT scopes have sun shades) so it must be a known problem for super expensive scopes too.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/zeiss-conquest-riflescope-sunshades.html

For me performance to air rifles ranges (on a air rifle) without being blurred, this in balance with its price range, plus a nice reticule like a mildot, half mildot or SR reticule is more important than a scope that costs lots more money (the Nikon doesn't I know) but stays brighter for longer in late late evening.

The model you talk about doesn't have a mildot as i am led to believe (I may be corrected) and for me personally i would sooner have a mildot reticule. It also doesn't have a AO or SF which i like on my scopes, especially for recording at night with through the Nite Site.

http://www.gandermou...koplex&i=444018

Precise aim points (calibrated) is more important to my own needs than a 30 / 30 reticule that yes can be used at different ranges (Pianoman manages I know) but not with the ease and precision Im sure of a half mildot reticule or a well calibrated SR12 reticule like he used to have and use. (I calibrated it for him and he did say to me that it changed his HW77 into a FAC range capable rifle).

When it gets dark I simply turn my mag down to 4 or 3 depending which scope i am using and i can happily roost shoot. If its too dark i use a lamp or NV to shoot rabbits and rats with.

Calling a Panorama "they aren't they are poor at best and garbage in reality" (I guess you mean the Panorama as you commented on it earlier so must have used it) is a bit overkill and leads new comers into a really 1 directional path to scopes and why you buy them.

Not falling out with you mate, just saying my point too.

Si.

Edited by zini