chinese makes

Guest ceredigion bull cross
me mate just bought a smk2 or somthink underlever air rifle for the odd rabbit nothink to specail will they drop a rabbit??

yes .................if you throw the gun at the rabbit :icon_eek:

me mate just bought a smk2 or somthink underlever air rifle for the odd rabbit nothink to specail will they drop a rabbit??

ive used one bofore just for birds wasnt to bad it seems 2 have the power

Guest ceredigion bull cross

the last one i came across we chronographed it at 7 ft lbs .....like i said throw the smk2 at the rabbit you'll have more chance of killing it ....... i'm not taking the piss with that chronograph reading it's true ..... out of fair play to the rabbit the only thing them cheap chinky air guns are good for is school boy target practice ..... i say that coz after shooting with such a poor gun when school boy/girl gets hold of summat worth having they apprieciate it

the last one i came across we chronographed it at 7 ft lbs .....like i said throw the smk2 at the rabbit you'll have more chance of killing it ....... i'm not taking the piss with that chronograph reading it's true ..... out of fair play to the rabbit the only thing them cheap chinky air guns are good for is school boy target practice ..... i say that coz after shooting with such a poor gun when school boy/girl gets hold of summat worth having they apprieciate it

Agreed..if he just bought it, take it back Otherwise stalk it & belt it with the gun; he'd be better off upping his budget slightly & getitng a Gamo or Remington - better quality than the Chinese stuff. After that, BSA (yes I know they're owned by Gamo now) & Webley springers are a good bet. There's some 2nd hand bargains out there :victory:

Agreed..if he just bought it, take it back Otherwise stalk it & belt it with the gun; he'd be better off upping his budget slightly & getitng a Gamo or Remington - better quality than the Chinese stuff. After that, BSA (yes I know they're owned by Gamo now) & Webley springers are a good bet. There's some 2nd hand bargains out there :victory:

Yes they work but there grouping is a joke!!!

You can’t go hunting with one there all over the place.

As with most things in life you get what you pay for!

Although I agree with a lot of what the lads have said, I have a Chinese b2, a cheap springer that has 12ft lbs and has accounted for rabbits, rats, pigeons etc.......good for experience and practice. I sometimes borrow my mates Air arms or Webley but I refuse to spend several hundred quid on an air rifle....

I must have killed hundreds of rabbits with my B2 .177, even when shooting

at targets I found the grouping was good. :)

But a couple of years ago my mate was shooting with it when I was lamping

and he couldn't kill a thing :( he was hitting them and they were up and running.

Luckily I had the lurcher with me so they didn't get far :) .

I thought my mate was just shooting sh!t :hmm: But found out differently when

I had a zeroing session :doh: the pellets were all over the place. I tried different

scopes,checked the seals,made sure all the screws were tight etc but it

made no difference :no: couldn't put 2 pellets in the same parish.Now it just

lies on top of the wardrobe.

Another friend bought a new B2 .22 for his son,when he couldn't get it to

group he gave me a shout.There was no way we could get the gun to group :no:

After talking to the shop he got another B2 to try,made no difference :doh:

the grouping was still shocking.Back to the shop only to be told the reason

was dieseling due to it being new :whistling: It will be okay after about 200 pellets

he was told.The thing is we'd already put 500 through the barrel. :hmm:

Make of that what you will :hmm: but before you go out after rabbits make sure

you have a zeroing session,and if you cannot get the pellets to group don't

be shooting at live quarry :whistling:

I bought a chinky one for my youngest son, its still in the cupboard where it got put after a couple of goes, its great as a plinker, but sounds like a bloody cannon going off, might get 1st shot at a rabbit, but they would definately know your there after that :wallbash: