Sign in to follow this  
houstyify

would like to try knife making

As above, i would like to give it a go but dont know much about this, any advice and tips on where to get stuff for this appreciated,.. Cheerz....b

i tried it and gave up :laugh: , theres loads on here into it take a look in the craft & diy section :thumbs:

That would be good mate cheerz but tbh am skint atm, am just trying to find out as much as i can, price ways, everything.. Cheerz anyway mate!!

As above get a blank from midnight if he's got any left !! And go from there wood brass pins try e bay ..

any one wont any of these they will be in the for sale section the one on the left is a skinner type knife the other is like a bushcraft style all with zebrano wood and brass pins each knife kit £35 posted

010120131091_zps91816d74.jpg

and this one is a helmando knife blank what i tride starting a while back has a few scraches on it but with a little elbow grease it all so has filework on the top and bottom what i have done £28 posted for this one it does not come with wood or pins just a plain blanck its a good size knife lads

010120131092_zps214a12da.jpg

010120131093_zps11ba41b5.jpg

010120131095_zps9e421956.jpg

If you're just looking to get an idea of prices for blades and things, then have a look at www.brisa.fi

I've bought stuff from them before and they seem fair. But - it's mass produced and not like some of the hand-crafted stuff Midnight and some of the boys on here do. HTH

Edited by Gratz

to keep the cost down ,get hold of an old file you can anneal it ( heat it up to red hot then cool it slowly ) then you can shape it re harden it . There are plenty of videos on youtube also this site is very useful www.britishblades.com