When to use more than one ferret

I have only one collar with my Deban mk3 but iv 7 ferrets I alway take 2 out with me but I never enter 2 because I have only the one collar and let them take it in turns. We have been doing big sets recently with only one ferret how much easier is it using more than one ferret.

if its big sets and your only using the 1 ferret,and the rabbits aint bolting, just enter another 1, preferably the same sex as the 1 thats down already,as if a kill does occure,the ferret with the collar on will more than likly join the other one long enough for you to get a fix on the location, thats what i do anyway,and iv never had no trouble, atb mate fts

I just work the two Jills, but have started getting last years vasectomied hob going,two ferrets should work a large warren, if they are good uns.

You must have a lot of permission to keep and work 7 ferrets,

You can get a good days ferreting out of three, thats the most i keep.

Will depend on the ground and warrens. This season i have mainly used one at a time, and they clear a warren, will take a while longer, but the end result is the same, but a little more controlled.

Get on some deep warrens with wide open tubes like some of the southern lads hit and it certainly looks like a team helps, saving the ferret the runaround.

One of my places the ferrets always get the runaround so we tipped in 6 collared up ferrets last time (normally chuck a couple in) and I think its the first time we've emptied it. Got a bit hectic for a while and bolted a couple of rats too which made me a bit hesitant when we started getting a couple of digs but I won't be pissing about with a couple of ferrets in on that ditch again.

Less work on a big warren with two down. Rabbits can give one stinker the runaround on a big waren if you got two down more chance of boltig them out........invest in another collar....i use one stinker on some days but only on the smaller sets .....bring two out for the medium and larger ones.