Yes Matt, i always glue the sides on without the pins in.

I glue one side, let it set, then drill through the pin holes,- then glue on the next side and let that set, and then drill through.

When i'm clamping on the other side, i keep an eye on the clamps for a few minutes to watch for any slipping, and just re-clamp if that happens. Its usually ok though when the clamps are in place, but this glue takes 24 hours to set fully, and is still "liquid" for about an hour so i keep an eye on it as i say.

I find it easier this method.

Yes this is the best bit now,- its starting to look like a knife.

I'm working on the pins later today,- roughening them up, with random grooves to prevent spinning etc and a groove around the center to prevent pulling out,- but if they are roughened up enough, a good epoxy will hold them fine.

Best Wishes Matt

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I need to try and get some better photos, but its now finished. It looks so much better than on these photos.

I went to my mates "Frenchy" to borrow his sanding set-up, but he reconned my method would take for ever, so he took over and rounded it off. He makes it look so simple and quick.

A very nice knife,- Matts Fieldcrafter blade, green fibre liner, and jade micarta. Brass pins

DSCF0764_zpscb626106.jpg

DSCF0763_zpsc3ee97e0.jpg

DSCF0760_zps344c9f01.jpg