For the knife makers really but if you put the handle on first then sand it attached to the blank can you add true oil straight on or do you have to be care full of the metal ? I mean can it go on the metal does it affect it or do you have to paint it on with care ?

For the knife makers really but if you put the handle on first then sand it attached to the blank can you add true oil straight on or do you have to be care full of the metal ? I mean can it go on the metal does it affect it or do you have to paint it on with care ?

just scrape of any that goes on the blade when its dry :thumbs:

Just getting into this malarky, doing my 1st handle now. Whats tru oil and whats it used for lads?

Just getting into this malarky, doing my 1st handle now. Whats tru oil and whats it used for lads?

expensive varnish in a very small bottle, dont no why its called tru-oil as it doesnt represent it in any way

expensive varnish in a very small bottle, dont no why its called tru-oil as it doesnt represent it in any way

expensve i gave it you psm .. lol oh ive got you some paint too :p yeah I didn't rate true oil

Nice one Gafer. Would this make un stabilised wood ok for solid handles?.

no mate ya wont hard wood on handles then tru oil

this is zebrano with tru oil on it to give a glass finish

003-22.jpg

another 2 i did

005-20.jpg

and this one is mine what i handle too

017-2.jpg

didnt know you done knives kev :hmm: got me thinking now :yes: