DSCF0002-2_zps4f20b8f0.jpg

Well after years of me making do with a stick wedged between my knees to load my needles i made a twine holder out of oak and a bit brass bar turned out ok apart from a small knot that came away from the edge when i was routing the base it does the job lol.

Edited by Nobby
  • Like 1

Like that nobby ,

I have made mine from 3mm fencing wire , ..... They are shaped up to a ring at the top , so i simpley hang them over the hook i knit from and load a needle , ive also made needles from 3mm wire in different sizes that way ive found i can make a needle slightly longer than usual and have less knots in a finished net if any in the smaller ones

All the best

Duckwing

Cheers lads its coming in handy Duckwing having a go at a long net so using it a fair bit i am knitting with a loomis net needle which hold a good amount of twine i have some hand made wooden one's that bought from AJ a while back i think he is on here they are spot on for the long nets as they hold even more twine :thumbs:

DSCF0003-2_zps1f65ad08.jpg

Edited by Nobby