nicky newburn bedlingtons

hi lads, ive been offered a 14 months old bedlington dog which my mate got from nicky and i was wondering how do ye rate them and before the ban what did they work like below, im getting him on a trial so if he dosent make it hes going back. any info appriciated either on here or by pm. cheers keith

my mate got him off nicky, hes 14" got a good coat and is black!!! my mate has just got a gwp pup and wont have the time for him so he phoned me as the last beddy i got off him was shite so thats why i asked. hes only been on rabbits and never been below so i think ive got nothing to lose and im just going to try him and see how he goes. im getting him on saturday and i'll put pics up for ye to see. cheers keith

Ive had three off Nick one lurcher plus two bedlingtons all were shite .He said the lurcher would take foxes did it feck,and all the two beddies were only good for ratting.

Why did you buy bedlingtons if you wanted an earth dog.I'm not saying they don't work,but,for an out and out digger why didn't you get a patterdale?What happened to the three dogs after you coul;dn't get the best out of them? :hmm:

All Patterdales are good then are they ???? :icon_eek:

Anyway, Nicky has had and has bred some good digging bedlingtons, the trouble with Nicky is he will breed from untried and untested dogs, so therefore you wil get some wasteage, wasteage that is unneccesary if he were more selective, same goes for anyone who breeds for money rather than the improvement of the breed, Nicky's a good mate of mine but he does churn out a few litters a year, I'd just ask what are they out of and what have the parents (lines) done before parting with any real cash....

i got the bedlington dog last night, i have him on trial for as long as i want and the lad i got him off is a good mate of mine, he got him off nicky a few weeks ago and said he was a neverous wreck when he got him, hes ok now but will need a months or so before i even try him. hes 14" jet black and 13 months old and has the best coat i have ever seen on a beddy, close and real harsh, hes got a good head as well and a nice set of nashers. so far hes been no trouble.

if he makes the grade my mate only want 150 for him so i think its a bargain for a 13 months old pup. i'll do my best to put pics of him up later. cheers keith

ps. my mates said he was out of nickys old blue bitch to a small strong dog with both of them showing working marks etc. has anyone seen them and what were they like.

he dose'nt know the names of the parents but said he was rambo on both sides, and that there was black lakeland put in years ago by stuart staley? this is what nicky told him. the mother was a blue bitch and he thinks the father was blue aswell but he's not sure. he also said that nicky used the parents regulary and were worked with foxhounds etc. has anyone seen nicky's dogs? if so what were they like and are they good finders and stayers ? any info appriciated.

cheers keith :drink::drink:

ps. didnt nicky have a litter of bedlingtons for sale on here a few weeks ago ( 2 blue dog pups ) if he did the dog above is the sire to that litter so if anyone got one off here they might have seen them.

Hi All

My Bitch is from Nicky Newburn To be honest shes never dug but thats my fault

I had her to Bush for my Lurcher

She does the Bit on Rabbit and Rat though infact shes caught loads in the hedge-bottoms and she is as hard as nails.

To Be Honest I bought her from him Direct out of his countrymans weekly advert I didnt see the Dam but did see the Sire as a Man from the Lakes used Nickys dog to line his Bitch and Nicky took 2 pups 1 Dog and 1 Bitch both Chocolate I had the Bitch to be honest ive never seen any of the pups hes bred grown or working.

Im quite happy with mine.

Have any of you got any Nicky Beddies out there and if so lets see them.

has anyone got the bro or any Litter mates to mine shell be 3yrs old on Xmas Eve and obviously so will they.

He also told me mine was Rambo lines and both the Sire and Dam was Blue but the Sire throws Chocolates.

post-1529-1183831111_thumb.jpg

post-1529-1183831138_thumb.jpg

Edited by pidge
  • 2 weeks later...
i got the bedlington dog last night, i have him on trial for as long as i want and the lad i got him off is a good mate of mine, he got him off nicky a few weeks ago and said he was a neverous wreck when he got him, hes ok now but will need a months or so before i even try him. hes 14" jet black and 13 months old and has the best coat i have ever seen on a beddy, close and real harsh, hes got a good head as well and a nice set of nashers. so far hes been no trouble.

if he makes the grade my mate only want 150 for him so i think its a bargain for a 13 months old pup. i'll do my best to put pics of him up later. cheers keith

ps. my mates said he was out of nickys old blue bitch to a small strong dog with both of them showing working marks etc. has anyone seen them and what were they like.

The 3 times this year i was at Nickys the dog was not a nervous wreck or any of his dogs ! Your mate paid £100 for the dog , i saw the dog a day or 2 before your mate picked it up and it was a bundle of energy . A bit of bullshit flying about here i think !