Cheap & cheerful 22lr

Looks aren't of great importance to me, but with its synthetic stock, what ive read here and seen on youtube, the cz 452 22lr is the one. It's going to be knocked around a fair bit which the synthetic stock should handle well, and yes Rake aboot the nickel barrel is a nice touch!! Got an MTC mamba somewhere which would sit nice on it as we'll.

ATB The 12..3

Recently got my first rimfire,CZ 452 American.Made up with it,christened it. (after zeroing and practice) with two rabbits at 100 yards and three woodies at 115 yards.(not a range I would normally shoot at but these where 5 consecutive shots within a known range)

No experience of any others but can,t ask for much more than that.

2 bits of advice.

If you want a tool for shooting rabbits rather than entertaining yourself or you mates, stick with the bolt action.

It will be the hardest worked tool in the box, stainless with synthetic stock will stand up best, but at a premium as they are more desirable.

I've had a ruger 10/22 a cz bolt action and am now on my 2nd ruger 77/22 best by far but expensive.

On a budget I'd be looking at an older ruger 77/22 in s/s with the darkgreen nylon semi skelly stock, last forever. A farmer whose land I shoot on bought 1 of these for his 3 sons to leanto shoot with, they all did and after 20 years it's still presentable.

Edited by cyclonebri1

Thanks for the replys and advice lads, had a scout around, found a nice cz style on rimfiremagic.co.uk with sling, mod, trigger kit and scope for £275. Just wondering if the nickel barrel would spook bugs bunny??

ATB The 12...3

Mines a silhoutte with nickel barrel and black synth stock. Smart looking tool. And the nickel has a sort of matt coating to it so it doesnt glare in the sun

Thanks for the replys and advice lads, had a scout around, found a nice cz style on rimfiremagic.co.uk with sling, mod, trigger kit and scope for £275. Just wondering if the nickel barrel would spook bugs bunny??

ATB The 12...3

And thats cheap!!!

Looking for a reliable rimfire for some bunny bashing, been advised to go with a second hand ruger 10/22..... (presumably by someone who has one for sale :laugh: :laugh: )

Should not be in the same sentence, nothing wrong with the 10/22 but semis, especially used ones, and reliable are not synonymous! :thumbs:

Plenty of good used Bolt Action about at very good prices! :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

ATB The 12...3

Sounds a good buy, all ready to go…

I use a camouflaged sock to pull over the barrel and onto the stock. It was too long so I cut a few inches off which then goes onto the scope. BUT don’t leave it on if wet/damp.