pike at nostell priory

Iv fished nostell many times but not for Pike, iv seen lads pikeing but havent seen many caught, i think the best place near you DD would be Wintersett res imo, i know i keep going on about the river Don but it holds good numbers of double figure Pike around the prison, the tidle Don at Thorpe Marsh too, atb, buster.

what about ryehill res can you still fish there i loved fishing there as a teen lol :thumbs:

Ryehill res and Wintersett is the same place, wintersett res is at ryehill, confuseing i know, cold hignley [spelling might not be right] is bellow the dam head of wintersett, good bream water, buster.

Cheers buster... i will be working up at thorpe marsh in the next few days, there is a load of flood water i need to pump off marsh lane, if the river is anywhere near normal levels i might have a chuck!!

Try it were the E,beck runs into the Don, it used to be good on the outfall of the power station before it shut, they seem to have moved down to the E,beck now. Only place i,ve seen wild Carp in any numbers, long dark things, same shape as Barbel, you see them up in the water in the summer, good luck, buster.

Where is rairburn ings lads? Cheers

By road

Leave the A1 at junction 42 for the A63, and follow signs for Fairburn village on the A1246. Once in the village turn right at Wagon and Horses public house. At the T-junction turn right, and the visitor centre is 1.5 miles on the left.

TC

Durham digger when you turn right at the t junction thes a turning left after about 20 yards further on thats where you want to be,not sure you can still park there if not just put it on main road and walk down the track