I've been getting diced pig heart, human grade from supermarket for next to nothing from a mate who works there.

I know you shouldn't feed offal too often, liver, kidney etc. But is heart the same or not?

I remember reading that it is muscle meat?

Cheers

Gaz

he gets it atleast once a week but it does him 2 meals. i cook all his meat mate and boil his rabbits. i no they say raw meat is better but he seems to prefer it cooked a bit. i have tried him on raw meat but he looks at it as iff to say what the f**k is that.

When my old digging mate worked at the slaughterhouse I used to fill a transit van with boxes of Sheeps and pigs hearts and beast kidneys. My terriers and Lurchers were fed on em for years along with other bits boiled up on a old burco boiler. All the old boys used to come tapping a box of em to eat themselves.

Cheers fellas. She's getting plenty at the minute with the odd slice of bread to bulk it out a bit and a spoon of keepers mix and fish oil couple times a week.

Also get boxes of chicken wings and turkey necks cheap so she gets loads of them.

i feed mine alot of tined fish in oil or sometimes tomato sauce he loves it. everything he has is mixed in with his biscuits. i get boiled ham cheap as well so he has that now and again. i dont no what you should and should not feed your dogs tbh.

i feed my whippet beast heart he loves the stuff. i dont give him it raw though chopped up and in the pan for a few mins.

Do you fry it in a little olive oil, with garlic and does he prefer it served on normal plate or bone china?

I've used pig heart for years, good source of protein, iron, calcium and magnesium. Used in a balanced diet it's great food.

Edited for punctuation :D

Edited by leegreen

mine get everything raw and i mean everything. if my butcher puts it in the scrap box my dogs get it including pork(in moderation).. with raw chopped veg and tinned fish or fish oil capsules twice a week, but there main diet at this time of year is turkey carcase with plenty of meat on because the butcher is a usless t**t and cant seem too get the hang of taking all the meat off the bone :laugh: atb mart

• Like 1

i feed my whippet beast heart he loves the stuff. i dont give him it raw though chopped up and in the pan for a few mins.

Do you fry it in a little olive oil, with garlic and does he prefer it served on normal plate or bone china?

I've used pig heart for years, good source of protein, iron, calcium and magnesium. Used in a balanced diet it's great food.

Edited for punctuation :D

he evan uses a knife and fork mate. :thumbs: