Pet ferret

My mrs bought 3 ferrets from someone a few months ago and they were the kids pets,as i'm new to the game i thought they mite be ok but had my doubts so i took a couple to a local pond i bailliff on as i know theres stack of rabbits,put one down a hole and expected it to sit tight down there(no locator as yet)and i was to either dig it out or it bugger off and lose it but no it came back plus bolted a rabbit...happy days!!!.....took the ferret back out again today(still no locator)and slipped her down a hole...waited and waited..and thought i'd lost her so went to the car for the spade to dig her out....low and behold she was sat waiting for me and had bolted another rabbit...i dont know much about this game but thats one ferret i aim to keep...and it just goes to show that they dont always have to come from a working back ground.

I'd say most ferrets will go down a hole, probably bolt a rabbit that's sitting high in a warren, pet or worker!

Time will tell if she's a ferret that will work a hole set, up and down the set or just play around at the top.

I'd advise on a locator ASAP tho, most mk1s are cheap enough and a god send if she stays with a kill!

My mrs bought 3 ferrets from someone a few months ago and they were the kids pets,as i'm new to the game i thought they mite be ok but had my doubts so i took a couple to a local pond i bailliff on as i know theres stack of rabbits,put one down a hole and expected it to sit tight down there(no locator as yet)and i was to either dig it out or it bugger off and lose it but no it came back plus bolted a rabbit...happy days!!!.....took the ferret back out again today(still no locator)and slipped her down a hole...waited and waited..and thought i'd lost her so went to the car for the spade to dig her out....low and behold she was sat waiting for me and had bolted another rabbit...i dont know much about this game but thats one ferret i aim to keep...and it just goes to show that they dont always have to come from a working back ground.

They may very well have come from a working background pal, when people are selling ferrets they often put that they're from working backgrounds but some people that buy them will buy them as pets....so somewhere along the line a lot of the pet ones will have come from workers no doubt.

Just out of curiousity, you went to get a spade....but how would you have known where to dig??

• Like 1