hi lads i ws ot wit dog yesterday n when he came back after a chase i noticed he broke 2 of his toes on his bk foot is dis a trip 2 the vet r wud they heal them selves ive seen boken toes on frnt feet before bt never the back any help would be great thanks

Edited by born digger

Are you honestly suggesting you leave broken toes to set by themselves? How do you know they are broken? Are they dislocated maybe? I've seen the results of broken toes left to heal by themselves: and it ain't pretty, and the dog won't run very well ever again! Get dog to a vet asap.

• Like 2

if u read my post i said ive seen dogs with broken toes not on my own dogs look im nt lookin 2 fight with people on this im jst lookin advise mate i seen it after his run i cud pop them back in but they cam back out so i bandaged them up last nite when i got home n give him penacilan n anti infalmatory meds for toes 2 c if they r just dislocated if so il take 2 vet he is putn weight on foot dismoring bt ws lookn advise on would e stiil b ok 2 run after a few wks rest if the dog needs 2 go to the vet e wil go vets round my way they r funny when it cums 2 workn dogs

Edited by born digger

Take it to the vets mate. It's a broken toe, not a gaping wound from a fox. The vet will do his job, maybe tell you to leave the dog off the running until the ground isn't so hard. But a broken toe isn't anything to be paranoid about. Better safe than sorry. A toe is quite important on a running dog.

yeah matt i know dat bt my dog is wel marked up my mate is tryn 2 get a number for me so i cn gt him looked at by a man who deals wit workn dogs hes a bit far from me but u know aswel as me ur ordinary vet ask 2 many questions bt wil defo b gtn him looked at many thanks mate

yeah i know it is jamie Mc the ground is hard most of season mate we r ot in al weathers mate rain geal r snow i dont like runin my dogs on hard ground bt when the seasons in i cnt sit in house maybe this is a leason 2 me not 2 in future but ya cant expect 2 put red carpet down when ur dog is runin bt i wil gt him 2 the vet as soon as my mate gets home from work

Edited by born digger
  • Like 1