Daystate Air ranger

• 5 months later...
Can anyone reccomend the best pellets to use with the air ranger

What power are you running it at and what are you pointing it at?????

Up to 12ft lb you need to try a few and see what you/the gun does best with!

There are a few pellets rated up to 30ft lb (absolute max about 40ft lb), Air Arms Field, Bisley Magnum etc.

This Gun will allegedly produce 80ft lb, to be honest I cannot see any point in pushing it anywhere close to that, there are only a handful of pellets you could use, (Dai Sung 28.5g, Eun Jin 28.4g, Eley Magnum 30g, H & N Rabbit Magnum 30g, RWS CA707 28.5g, (Daystate) Magnum bullets 40g, Varminter H.P. bullets 39.5g). All these cost a fortune and can be very difficult to get hold of (I think only 3 or 4 available in the UK), and I'm not sure any of them can deal with 80ft lb. None of these would be suitable for 12ft lb.

Deker

Edited by Deker
I use .22 cal Eun Jin in my 50 fpe Air Ranger to great affect...28.5gr...54fpe at 928 fps...accurate at 75 meters and beyond...what else can I say?

Hi all of you PCP addicts... :drink:

DAR2250fpe.jpg

How many shots at that power do you get ?? All the ones we had in, the FTLBS dropped from shot 1 after @20 shots it was down to 19FTLBS .Cured with a proper reg though :thumbs:

How many shots at that power do you get ?? All the ones we had in, the FTLBS dropped from shot 1 after @20 shots it was down to 19FTLBS .Cured with a proper reg though :thumbs:

I haven't really tested it in that way...I don't trust that the pressure gauge is very accurate and I haven't actually filled so it reads at the 220 BAR max capacity...I have gotten over 30 shots at more than 900fps though...the gauge read about 210 BAR to start and ended up at about 185 - 190BAR if memory serves...

I found this interesting though...at about 190BAR when the POI starts to shift downward, I can switch to 18 grain Weihrauch Field pellets (same as H&N Field Trophy and Beeman Kodiak pellets...made by H&N) with no noticeable shift in POI at 75 meters...so confident was I, that I took a Magpie at about 50 - 55 meters with the first shot using the lower weight pellet where before this shot I was using the Eun Jin 28 grain