Whoopsy!!

Hi guys thanks for all your opinion etc and suggestions anyway today well last night decided strip the gun down so i could just work with the stock on its own drilled couple of holes into both halfs of the broken stock so they joined perfect well as perfect as i could get them down to b&q picked up some epoxy rapid set one done the business let it dry for an hour or so scraped of the excess resin sat it on the kitchen table next to the radiator left it over night got up in the morning sanded of the roughness now its bk to as good as can be so thanks guys saved me a few bob the now, wee question for you stu shotgun if you see does this gun shop in whitburn sell shotgun cartridges cheers geo ps cant work photobucket or would have stuck a pic of the rifle fixed up

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went out with BPR his whippet 28Xxgeo his whippet pup (for a wee watch) and his rimfire. First bit we tried big posh bit with sheep and llama like things there. saw a couple of rabbits but nothing was

not my rifle but was thinking epoxy resin would probably do?

Oh it would have to be clear for aesthetic reasons

Hi guys thanks for all your opinion etc and suggestions anyway today well last night decided strip the gun down so i could just work with the stock on its own drilled couple of holes into both halfs of the broken stock so they joined perfect well as perfect as i could get them down to b&q picked up some epoxy rapid set one done the business let it dry for an hour or so scraped of the excess resin sat it on the kitchen table next to the radiator left it over night got up in the morning sanded of the roughness now its bk to as good as can be so thanks guys saved me a few bob the now, wee question for you stu shotgun if you see does this gun shop in whitburn sell shotgun cartridges cheers geo ps cant work photobucket or would have stuck a pic of the rifle fixed up

I'll text him for you mate :thumbs:

I'll text him for you mate :thumbs:

Glad you are sorted, but in addition to what you 1st did a few wraps of fibreglass matting around the break and you could have reshaped and finished the stock back to as good a finish as it was previously. Might be worth doing for later if you decide to sell.

But the 1 thing that hasn't been raised in this topic, and to be honest it should have been, this "accident" goes to show why safety catches are fitted to all rifles and why they should be used religously.

I bet more shooters get shot by their mates than their enemies :yes: :yes: