Whippet Open At Cambois Greyhound Track.

There was a Major Greyhound open meeting on today at Wheatey Hill Greyhound Stadium in the North East, maybe this impacted on the turnout at Cambois ?

The problem was, Lee, that Highgate had a Whippet Open planned for today, then cancelled; so the Cambois one was organised.... then Highgate decided they WOULD run !! So as the Cambois people had hired the track, bought trophies, etc, they had to go ahead, so the runners were split between the two !! Bad organisation ? Who knows ? By the way, Mazouma may be from your breeding !! I think, though not sure, he is by Wor John, the Whippet; out of Florence the Greyhound. I remember you breeding something along these lines ???

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

Hi CP, i had to work today, but i'm glad you had a good day.

Its a shame more dogs were not there, when you think of whippets in this area . !

I'll speak soon

Hi Dave ! I was out yesterday morning walking the stubble, then went to Westerhope Whippets. Today I was out this morning with a couple of lads bushing with thier Terriers to Delta and Lima, then up to Cambois, then sunday lunch in the Fox & Hounds ! So a very nice weekend, all considered !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Had a look there today, unfortunately a small turn out, around 20 dogs. A shame, as it was well organised, and decent trophies. Still, there was some good racing, and my favourite, R.Ch. Mazouma, didn't let me down and won the Dog Section, but sadly split a web and couldn't race in the Supreme Final; he did do an excellent time of 15.10 in his heat, a time the Greyhounds would have been proud of; and he's just 28 lb !! It's a shame more dogs aren't racing, and it will be a sad day if Whippet Racing is consigned to memory only !!

Cheers.

R.ch Mazuma is also a favourite of mine, he was flying yesterday and always a pleasure to watch. He is bred from Wor John X Rapid Stag, so not much greyhound in him (well at least compared to some of them these days lol) full pedegree here -> http://www.thebwra.co.uk/cgi-bin/geneal.pl?op=tree&index=25606&gens=5&db=bwra.dbw .

• Like 1