mentor

humour again bud humour . and as if a hunt would give two hound pups to some one who just turned up at the kennel , your imformation is doomsville listern any young lad wanting to get involved with hunting , should write to his nearest pack introduce himself , then ask to help out at the kennels when he can its a great way to get involved , and most kennle huntmen would jump at the chance of a bit of help at weekends and holidays , unless your born into the game or have close freinds involved it may well be your only entry in to hunting ,

Sorry I don't get your humour, earlier you agreed with the post about the lad going to kennels to walk some pups so that to me tells me that you obviously didn't know what "puppy walking" was and now I've explained it you're ridiculing the idea saying that hunts wouldn't give him pups????? and why does it have to be a Kennel Huntsman and not a Professional or an Amateur Huntsman or Master or even Kennelman further to your comments on the pairing up thread I really think you don't know too much about the workings and logistics involved in the day to day running of a pack of hounds and a hunting day and that's fine but then maybe you shouldn't be giving out advice and commenting on such matters.

humour again bud humour . and as if a hunt would give two hound pups to some one who just turned up at the kennel , your imformation is doomsville listern any young lad wanting to get involved with hunting , should write to his nearest pack introduce himself , then ask to help out at the kennels when he can its a great way to get involved , and most kennle huntmen would jump at the chance of a bit of help at weekends and holidays , unless your born into the game or have close freinds involved it may well be your only entry in to hunting ,

Sorry I don't get your humour, earlier you agreed with the post about the lad going to kennels to walk some pups so that to me tells me that you obviously didn't know what "puppy walking" was and now I've explained it you're ridiculing the idea saying that hunts wouldn't give him pups????? and why does it have to be a Kennel Huntsman and not a Professional or an Amateur Huntsman or Master or even Kennelman further to your comments on the pairing up thread I really think you don't know too much about the workings and logistics involved in the day to day running of a pack of hounds and a hunting day and that's fine but then maybe you shouldn't be giving out advice and commenting on such matters.

:laugh: :laugh: ;):angel: you dont seem to grasp humour or the full content bud , and your right your knowlege is overwelming think you will find the lad is from blackpool lancs , now me not knowing much and that would hazzard a guess just a guess the hunts within his reach we will start with mounted , the holcome not the most wecoming pack but may welcome a young lad or the pendel forest , not knowing the young lads transport situation i think the cathra , melbreak , ullswater, lunesdale, conistan, esk n en just mite be to far , ,

hi mate i think the fell n moorland c is the closest bout an hours drive but i dont drive yet so it would be the train for me if i couldnt sort a lift.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it is not as simple as getting out there with your bulldog shovel and your b&f box/collar advice like that could destroy/kill a dog.best of luck finding someone to show you the ropes,take your tim

yes everyone has to start some where,start by going out with lads that know what there doing,you say the dogs self preservation will kick in and come away,what good will that dog be after that??

hi all im john 24 i live in blackpool im desperate for help this is not a new search ive been trying for sometime nw ill even pay someone who would be interested in teaching a young en and showing me

Guest Leveller

we will start with mounted , the holcome not the most wecoming pack but may welcome a young lad

Aren't the Holcombe Harriers a pack that in pre ban days hunted Hare? there might not be that much terrierwork involved with them

A friend of mine used to be involved with a Terrier and Lurcher club around Liverpool that encouraged youngsters to get out with them I could ask him if they're still running and for contact details, you may only get a bit of inner city ratting or something but it's a good a place as any to get your foot on the ladder.

I've been out with the Pennine and they were a very welcoming bunch I think they're not a million miles away from you if you can get yourself out with them on a Sunday morning regular you might eventually get involved with the terrier lads. It's all about patience and perserverance John1

• Like 2

there must be some lads around blackpool that hunts, how far are you willing to travel, there are some good lads in lancaster 20miles from you, if you have your own land to hunt, invite them up to blackpool, there must be someone on here not to far from you,

we will start with mounted , the holcome not the most wecoming pack but may welcome a young lad

Aren't the Holcombe Harriers a pack that in pre ban days hunted Hare? there might not be that much terrierwork involved with them

A friend of mine used to be involved with a Terrier and Lurcher club around Liverpool that encouraged youngsters to get out with them I could ask him if they're still running and for contact details, you may only get a bit of inner city ratting or something but it's a good a place as any to get your foot on the ladder.

I've been out with the Pennine and they were a very welcoming bunch I think they're not a million miles away from you if you can get yourself out with them on a Sunday morning regular you might eventually get involved with the terrier lads. It's all about patience and perserverance John1

the holcome have a massive country and HUNT , if you want to follow the pennine you will need a helicoper :laugh: and inner city ratting just see leggs and co running up china town with terriers :laugh:
Guest Leveller

if you want to follow the pennine you will need a helicoper :laugh:

I'm guessing this is more of your humour and probably some joke I don't get because when I was with them there weren't any helicopters out

if you want to follow the pennine you will need a helicoper :laugh:

I'm guessing this is more of your humour and probably some joke I don't get because when I was with them there weren't any helicopters out

:laugh: will some one explain to young jack h were the pennie hunt or more like were they dont :laugh:

Levs, the Pennine lost a lot of there ground after the ban as they did a lot of Water Board land etc.

They now hunt mostly through invites all around the country.

Cheers, D.

PS. They are are usually down here first week or so in October. :thumbs:

Levs, the Pennine lost a lot of there ground after the ban as they did a lot of Water Board land etc.

They now hunt mostly through invites all around the country.

Cheers, D.

PS. They are are usually down here first week or so in October. :thumbs:

hence my quip about the helecopter sorry if LEV'S had a humour bypass ;)

pm bosun on here he goes the merseyside club, he can tell you the dates and location. its still about forty minutes away from you though .

its a long way for the lad to come just for the monthly meet theres a lot of lads up his way surely some one would let him tag along Edited by gonetoearth

hi leveller yeah that sounds good if you could contact your friend that would be appreciated ..thanks

there must be some lads around blackpool that hunts, how far are you willing to travel, there are some good lads in lancaster 20miles from you, if you have your own land to hunt, invite them up to blackpool, there must be someone on here not to far from you,

hi oldred58 i bet there is,ill travel were eva i suppose as long as the train goes ha,i would invite to me that sound, had a mooch on there the ova day n had a good look for earths and there deffo was not alot it ok for a lamp n that but the farmer has said he has more in the next village more woodland so i got to get down n have a llook.

pm bosun on here he goes the merseyside club, he can tell you the dates and location. its still about forty minutes away from you though .

its a long way for the lad to come just for the monthly meet theres a lot of lads up his way surely some one would let him tag along

hello gonetoearth that would be my top pick as well lol but i do understand if it was me the ova way round with not knowing the person not knowing if some idiot is going to turn up.