Over the years

I'd only class myself as a "young un" in the game of lurchers! But round me there seems to be plenty of young uns with no knowledge running bull x's because the harder the dog the bigger their ego is boosted! I'm not saying this is all bull x owners just the ones round here!

It's a shame I'd love to have someone to show me the ropes properly! The one bloke I had a lot of respect for in the game died before I got my 1st lurcher! But very few people run real running dogs that Pre ban could have run a hare well! Hopefully my pup will get as close as she can to the real thing as she can and will hopefully retrieve shot ones as well as catching penty of rabbits but time will tell!

RIP dave

Same were i am every where i look 1st cross bulls for ferretn bull for lampn bull cross 4 everything for diggn fair enough but any wonder there so much lamp shy quarry with the amount of young uns slipn bull crosses at stuff they no chance catchin.but with the flip side of the coin it was easier i think to get help and advice from experianced dog men years ago now everyone so secretive any wonder. To many younguns startn of think big bull that will do everything more williness from the older instead of reluctance atb happy huntn boys+girls

A lot of young lads get into it,then come a cetain age they start to smell women,drinking and going out,it happened to me,but ye sooner or later find out what women are like :laugh: ,and if you where really into it in the first place you will get back at it,if not you will move on to something else

there is loads of younguns in to it where i am from so i would agree with the boys above

does seem to be more young'uns in it today, to what there was 30 years ago. But not sure how many stick at it, some give it 3-4 years then move on to some thing differnt :yes:

im taking up marbles next week :laugh:

i think you lost them :toast:
  • Like 1