tree rat

Just pop out to bait up my tree rat hides when i came across this one.Caught it though my bino's so brought out the rifle free standing shoot 37 yards down he drops but it was still alive as it just went though the nose so i had to put one more pellet though it.Its a shame but hat to be done

post-76257-0-12368800-1351780304.jpg

Edited by kill zone
  • Like 1

hi Kill zone

here is two tips for you!

1. dont take chance shots!

2. humanely dispatch your quarry!

you are just feeding the Antis,what they want to see! and giving them the info to try and put a stop to what we try very hard to keep alive!

in future keep this to your self,and dont put it on a open forum,i certainly dont want to see it!

your not getting off to a good start are you?

respect your quarry :thumbs:

• Like 2

way i see it.. when people shoot birds from the sky with a shotgun and they dont die instantly, then land hard, and still live-sufffering for a lot longer than the time it took this squirrel to fall from the tree and have another pellet quickly fired to finish it off.. unless im wrong?

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 2

Everyone has them shots sometimes no ones perfect, aslong as he killed it straight then way it didnt suffer. getting moaned at for putting it on here :huh:

hi spud gun

i call it constructive criticism :thumbs:

i am sue KZ knows where i am coming from :thumbs:

Interestingly I watched a shotgun video shooting pigeons, sending the dog out to retrieve and bring it back, 9 times out of 10 the bloody things were still alive flapping their wings when the dog dropped them. And no it was not nerves.

EVERYONE has misplaced shots now and again, so many small factors can throw that pellet mm off target causing a not so pleasant death but I can see Davey point.

Don't put pics up and talk about it like its something that happens all the time, you could have refrained from posting this topic.

• Like 2