Airgun law walking between permissions

On my permission i have a short walk from one field to another (about two minutes) do you think it would be a problem just walking there or could i be in effect breaking the law, it does cut across a road but i am thinking i would have good reason for doing it...any views?

Stick it in the case whilst on the road as you don't want armed response coming

id just put it in a gun slip to make sure, mate think that makes it legal

Good advice there guy's :yes: However there is no LAW that requires you to have it covered! Its True :yes:

Back in the 80's I'd walk around with my gun over my arm Broken like a Shotty and no one gave a hoot!

But sadley in this day and age; it's a matter of common sense to cover it up :thumbs:

Tony

My understanding would be that technically you would be breaking the law because you don't have permission to be on the ground that you have to pass through but you do have an acceptable reason for carrying an air rifle there because you are going between permissions.

Why not call 1 call 1 of the numbers on the BASC website just to clarify :thumbs:

I walk out of the backof my house straight into a 3 acre field, over to the the gate and it's 40(ish) yards to another of our fields. I still put whatever gun I'm carrying in a roll up slip. It's a very quiet counyrt lane. But it only takes one holiday maker to come around the corner and '' Oh.....my....god!, a nutter in camouflage carrying a GUN!!!!!, QUICK, CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!'', next thing you know you're down on the floor with the armed response unit shouting a you. I know that's a worst case senario, but that's the way you got to look at it. You can never be too careful when it comes to guns.

• Like 1

Point taken ,only trouble is its the other end from where i park my car,so its carry slip with me or go and get the car better safe than sorry,i dont want know trigger happy armed response looking for his first bunny!!

Ues a Roller Slip, and clip it to your belt roller up. Very light and useful.

Just had a quick look and guns do need to be covered and you cant have them in a public place without a good reason so to be safe i think if its covered i will have a good reason so that should suffice i suppose it also depends if u get a good cop/bad cop

My understanding would be that technically you would be breaking the law because you don't have permission to be on the ground that you have to pass through but you do have an acceptable reason for carrying an air rifle there because you are going between permissions.

Why not call 1 call 1 of the numbers on the BASC website just to clarify :thumbs:

No he would not be breaking the law, UNLESS the road is a private road.

Carrying your gun over a public highway/road is perfectly legal if you have a lawfull excuse or reason, ie travelling to or from your perms / range / gunshop etc....

IF however it WAS a private road and he did not have permission, he's fecked! as he would then be guilty of Armed Trespass! :yes:regardless of it being covered or not loaded or not, cocked or not!

roll up cover it is then

Good man :thumbs:

• Like 1

No he would not be breaking the law, UNLESS the road is a private road.

Carrying your gun over a public highway/road is perfectly legal if you have a lawfull excuse or reason, ie travelling to or from your perms / range / gunshop etc....

IF however it WAS a private road and he did not have permission, he's fecked! as he would then be guilty of Armed Trespass! :yes:regardless of it being covered or not loaded or not, cocked or not!

roll up cover it is then

Good man :thumbs:

I think it's clear that i was referring to private property :thumbs:

covered,not loaded,not cocked and a valid reason i think may be the safest,sod it i will go ferreting lol

If you're passing through private property without permission then it's definitely yes, you are committing armed trespass and could be charged even if the rifle isn't loaded, isn't cocked and is in a bag...no if's but's or maybe's :thumbs:

If you're crossing a public road then i would say yes...you could possibly be charged because your definition of having good reason for being there could differ from the cops that are charging you so that's why i would say they could charge you and let the court decide. You're arguement would be that you have a good reason for doing so :thumbs:

Edited by AirgunGuy