I understand where youre coming from Morton,the££££s side of it allways seems to get in the way of the KC breeds,however if we all accept some peoples notions that if a dogs registered its useless where do we go from here.I go on the working bedlington forum occasionally,theres some incredibly knowledgable dog men on there.....but somehow most topics gravitate back to regd/unregistered dogs/hybrids....whilst this issue needs to be discussed it never seems to lead to anything,this I feel will do nothing long term to prevent the bedlingtons demise as a working breed,I would hate to see the border as a working terrier being confined to the history books too.There has to be some middle ground somewhere,if I can see both sides of the arguement ,others must be able to also :hmm:

I don't think anyone is arguing that some dogs with 'papers' can and do work.....I think the problem with this thread/request is that he states it "must have papers", why??? unless for the £££'s?

so if there's a mega brilliant worker with no papers then he ain't interested....speaks volumes!

You could be right Rob,I dont know the OP,I presumed he wanted papers to determine the dogs bloodlines to find suitable bitches for a breeding program,maybe im being naive.....

I know the OP.. and The REQUEST is for someone ,he's trying to Help Out !!!

If the Guys trying a Slagging match ...Have half the standard this guy KEEPS for his TERRIERS ,you will be doing Quite WELL !!

be assured he isn't Bothered an Iota about papers... but is about the standard of Terrierwork he undertakes ...

Thats my Brown Nosing for the night ...Leaping before you Jump ..HTL motto.. happy hunting folk ..

• Like 3