Summons for speeding

Most of the responses are incorrect.

Not being signed for and returned to sender is the best thing to have happened. You didn't recieve the summons. Until you do, you cannot be legally charged. Importantly, you are not obliged to and never have to accept it. So consider it 'on pause' for the time being. You have no knowledge of it of course.

Personally i NEVER sign for anything without inspecting it first. If it were a summons I would not accept it and back it would go. No points/fine/sentence etc nada zip checkmate.

• Like 1

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Not being signed for and returned to sender is the best thing to have happened. You didn't recieve the summons. Until you do, you cannot be legally charged. Importantly, you are not obliged to and never have to accept it. So consider it 'on pause' for the time being. You have no knowledge of it of course.

Personally i NEVER sign for anything without inspecting it first. If it were a summons I would not accept it and back it would go. No points/fine/sentence etc nada zip checkmate.

And yours is the most incorrect of all :thumbs:

Not recieving the summons due being lost in the postal system is not a valid excuse ,all the the police have to do is prove they sent it within 14 days of the alleged offence .You not receving it though whatever reason is not a valid reason.

ATB Cookie

And yours is the most incorrect of all :thumbs:

Not recieving the summons due being lost in the postal system is not a valid excuse ,all the the police have to do is prove they sent it within 14 days of the alleged offence .You not receving it though whatever reason is not a valid reason.

ATB Cookie

They sent it via recorded to prove delivery not to guard against loss. If what you say was correct then process servers would be out of a job and redundant. They are not, because contrary to your quick judgement, what I say is true.

I'm speaking not only from research, but past, current and continued legal experience.