Ferreting Advice/Lessons/Buddy

Firstly, I am new to this forum and can't believe how jam packed it is with brilliant info, absolutely awesome!

I am 18 years old and together with my younger cousin (14 years old) have started ferreting this year. We live in North Wales, Wrexham and are willing to travel as I have a full driving licence. We have had some good fun on a few permissions, with a few successes. We would love for someone to come out with us and show us the ropes or show us some more tips and share some permission.

We are both respectful lads, I am working full time as a bank clerk and he is studying full time for his GCSE's.

We would more than appreciate any advice, tips, general knowledge and some permission to share in exchange of some of ours.

I look forward to some replies and look forward to using the forum more often!!

Thanks again

Nathan

PS. This is one place we go, absolutely riddled with rabbits as you can tell by the state of the bank.

post-76000-0-00730800-1349042957.jpg

Edited by Hosie1407
  • Like 1

First lesson in the world of ferreting, a load of holes doesn't automatically mean it's riddled. I've got a few like that where previous populations have been wiped out by disease or predation (or last year's trip out ferreting)!

• Like 1

I have seen at least 20 bunnies running into the warren. But l only seem to get about 7 or 8 bolting. This is where I could do with some advice off someone experienced, the ground is incredibly sandy, I took this picture whilst standing in the valley most definetly been a river running in the valley in past years. Anyone who would like a trip out with me and my cousin in North Wales is more than welcome.

Again thanks for the replies!

Good post mate you come accross like a decent youngster...... I'm sure ideation and Johnny will share there knowledge and experiances for a day on what looks like nice land..... Good luck and look forward to reading about your trip