• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always get concerned when I see 'Brand new £55.00' and Hunting in the same sentence. When shooting live quarry, there is a moral argument to buy a tool up to the job.   I saw one of these in a gun

Andy i'm with you!!   This forum is a place where knowledge should be shared and tales of a good days hunting told.. And I for one would love to see this to be the case. I personally am on no quest,

The 78 takes 12g bottles but the 79 takes 88g bottles giving roughly 200 shots :thumbs:

Milegajo did a post the other day as he has converted his 79 to a pcp type set up, if it gets too cold then the co2 doesn't come out right (more like a liquid than a gas)

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/262061-qbxs79-22-co2-conversion-to-pcphpa/page__hl__milegajo here mate

Edited by BEARINATOR

I always get concerned when I see 'Brand new £55.00' and Hunting in the same sentence. When shooting live quarry, there is a moral argument to buy a tool up to the job.

I saw one of these in a gun shop recently have to be honest. I wouldn't hunt with it. For a start, winter is around the corner and below 5 degree's (give or take) CO2 starts to miss-behave, as already said, which reduces power of an already mid powered gun.

Secondly as a mark of respect for your target, you want a tool that can consistently dispatch quarry as long as you do your bit. Looking at the quality of the gun, I would not think it was up to it consistently. Back garden can buster, yes, hunting tool, no.

There are far better guns out there for not much more money that will serve you better and give your quarry the respect it deserves. If it takes a few months, don't worry as the pigeons etc. will still be there, but you'll have a much better kit to get one for the pot.

• Like 6

Maybe he tells you he's taking bunnies @ 45 yards!!! Either his judgement of distance is non existent or he's telling you a few porkies !!!!

I would save your money and invest in a decent springer either a TX200 or one of ghe weirach family.

I don't dispute any of the above but a few points;

£55!! I paid £99! The 78 can also be converted to hpa but it ordinarily involves either a specific pcp tube replacement or a remote line.

Accuracy wise the 78/79's are excellent. Used with a quality pellet many owners claim to be able to give s400/410's a run for their money. One chap in the US of A had pics of him shooting and winning an FT competition!

Personally, I dislike co2. Mainly due to the consumption of those capsules.

Mine was doing 7.9ft/lbs before tuning, 9.4 after a breech seal change and finally just over 11.5ft/lbs on air and an overhaul of the valve.

If you like a tinkering gun that's simple and does the job, its a darn sight cheaper and in many ways better than a Stealth! If not, then stick to the recommended stuff and hopefully (not always) avoid a gun that I strongly advise stripping, deburring, polishing and living before use.

P.s if they sell a 79 in .177 for £55 let me know!

Why would he be after a 78 or a 79? A couple of weeks ago he was after a quality springer, saying he had just got back into airguns after all his guns had been stolen, whilst he was selling a Falcon in the for sale bit! Do not believe anything you read here Mike, cos I think that this is one of the notorious Brothers Grim!

Post 1) http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/261055-hi-from-the-south-west/?do=findComment&comment=2807910

Post 2) http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/261258-falcon-lighthunter22/

Post 3) http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/261320-falcon-lighthunter22/

look i have a tx200 Mk 3 witch i swapped for the falcon light hunter.I want to make a projected on this 78 as its only £55 so that's why and who are these brothers.S please if you have not got any useful tips don't bother saying anything every thread iv put up you have said some negative stuff s then no one comments after that keep. Your mouth to your self. Im not looking to argue with any one just one to have a bit of fun on hear.thanks regards james

Edited by kill zone