the breeding of a mongrel? views

no mate dont bump the lads good prices i will try my best to post the pics up today if possible just with her been old and never been out its very very supriseing how good she worked the lamp :thumbs: cracking little bitch also the dogs a good worker :laugh: cant be missing him out :thumbs:

Not being funny mate but there's good dogs being bred all over from tested dogs that you could buy without having the hassle of rearing a litter, instead youse opt to line a dog that's had 1 night muck about with a lamp and didn't catch anything? You also don't know what's in her make up and could throw back and you could end up with a litter of boxer lookalikes, and the fact she's 6 means you could end up with all kinds of troubles,the. There's the fact the pups need to find good homes and who's going to take a punt on them when they can buy pups from tested dogs? You don't know what the mothers made up of, just a case of a she done ok even tho she never caught lets on e her..... so without being cheeky or trying to put you down mate I know what I think but I'll keep it to myself.

• Like 1

funny enough my old bith witch is 9 nw was out of none working stock (ATALL) the mother was a whippet. nd the father was what looked like a rough coated staff i dno what the hell it was tbh collie staff cross mongrel lol. mistake breeding dog got over back wall to the bitch. and the rest was history. enyway i ended up with one of these pups and i have never regreted it what a dog me and my bro do everything with her mooching with airgun she will mark trees with squriel up them lol. ferreting lamping. when you here the saying small dogwith big heart thats what she is. only think that held this dog back was het size 181/2 ts. she has been into everything 110% dog. just abit small to do big things on her own. so none working. parents. mongrel for a father and a 110% bitch that has never let me down. but still.i woudnt go out of my way to breed like that myself mind lol. i will post picture of bitch later crackin lil bitch

funny enough my old bith witch is 9 nw was out of none working stock (ATALL) the mother was a whippet. nd the father was what looked like a rough coated staff i dno what the hell it was tbh collie staff cross mongrel lol. mistake breeding dog got over back wall to the bitch. and the rest was history. enyway i ended up with one of these pups and i have never regreted it what a dog me and my bro do everything with her mooching with airgun she will mark trees with squriel up them lol. ferreting lamping. when you here the saying small dogwith big heart thats what she is. only think that held this dog back was het size 181/2 ts. she has been into everything 110% dog. just abit small to do big things on her own. so none working. parents. mongrel for a father and a 110% bitch that has never let me down. but still.i woudnt go out of my way to breed like that myself mind lol. i will post picture of bitch later crackin lil bitch

All lurchers are mongrels mate, but purpose bred. You were lucky although this lads pups could be the best mooching dogs in the history of hunters, there's so much wastage in the lurcher world because of people breeding for the sake of breeding and that exactly what's happened here, dogs without homes all over the nation because of ideas like this, if he's got good homes lined up for very pup then fair play. Dogs don't need to be bred off workers to produce workers, but it helps.

good luck but imo theres enough good lurcher lines out there without breeding from a unknown mongrel which in your own words has been on the lamp once .not having a go as each to their own but doesnt make sence to me .

Edited by boyo

I have recently breed my whippet with a mongrel what wasnt from a working back ground but just befor she came into season we took her out with my whippet this bitch is 6 years old and has had no experience out day or night so we took it upon are selfs to give it a try and see how it would plan out! this bitch is small and racey but with a thick coat! Just to cut this what would of been a long story short, this dog worked the lamp amazing seen as it was the 1st time ever out! sadly we didnt have a catch with her but still good fun just wanted your takes on breeding them seen as she doesnt seem to be like a lurcher, just a avrage mongrel she looks like shes got whippet blood somewere down the line, but with workin quality sorry i cant post pictures yet will try soon thanks ATB :thumbs: still cant wait to see what these pups turn out like. :yes:

dog 21inch

bitch 20inch

Pups will be flying out the door id imagine..........i mean the bitch is a mongrel who hasn't caught f**k all but runs the lamp like a dream......there selling themselves there buddy....good luck!!... :thumbs:

ive kept lurchers for 40yrs, and for the past 4 have been pondering what to use on my bitch and with the huge choice of studs proven in working or breeding terms or both i'm still trying to work out whats best :hmm: :hmm: ........unbelievable :censored: :censored: ...........i'll maybe just bite the bullet and use a whippet x mongrel :toast:

• 3 weeks later...

by the sounds of this guys post aswell hes just breeding for the sake of it. witch in my eyes aswell is just stupid. how can you justify breeding a dog after thinking its good after seeing it for one night on the lamp

because my dogs getting its leg over simple as that