sending dogs abroad

I have had some interest from people abroad (europe mainly) about sending some dogs over. Would any of you guys be able to help as in what paper work I would need and how long it would take to do what is needed. Any knowledgeable help would be much appreciated. Atb.

If your talking about pups mate, all they need is a pet passport they don't even need vaccinating as long as they go before there 12 weeks old. I sent a whippet pup to finland via Manchester airport a couple of years ago and was surprised how easy it was.

Mallys right under 12weeks no vaccinations just a passport and chip don't even need any jabs don't let the vet fill u full of shit tell them u want a passport and chip that's it,, klm fly pups in cargo or in a small carrier case under your seat of 20cm the pup gotta be able to stand up and turn around but can be refused on the day if any passengers are allergic or objects I found cargo was a lot easier and no knock back on the day coz its not in the cabin they say u need to book 48hours before the flight but be safe and give yourslef a week coz they took some time confirming the pup on the flight for me longer than 48hrs also you need to alert the authorities of were the pups landing that its on the way,, agree with mally again once you no how to do it its a piece of piss but trying to find out from scratch is pretty hard and takes a good few phone calls and when they contradict you don't no who to belive the vets tried it on with my sista trying to charge her for jabs what wernt needed ring defra they give us the right info straight away

Mallys right under 12weeks no vaccinations just a passport and chip don't even need any jabs don't let the vet fill u full of shit tell them u want a passport and chip that's it,, klm fly pups in cargo or in a small carrier case under your seat of 20cm the pup gotta be able to stand up and turn around but can be refused on the day if any passengers are allergic or objects I found cargo was a lot easier and no knock back on the day coz its not in the cabin they say u need to book 48hours before the flight but be safe and give yourslef a week coz they took some time confirming the pup on the flight for me longer than 48hrs also you need to alert the authorities of were the pups landing that its on the way,, agree with mally again once you no how to do it its a piece of piss but trying to find out from scratch is pretty hard and takes a good few phone calls and when they contradict you don't no who to belive the vets tried it on with my sista trying to charge her for jabs what wernt needed ring defra they give us the right info straight away

Good information, mate. Could come in handy for me as well :thumbs:

I wouldn't want to send a pup by public transport, of whatever kind, without it having had at least its first jab.

Vaccintains are different in other parts of the world as are vaccination times, all my pups are jabbed at 8 weeks and the pups that went to both finland and the US had to be jabbed again. I was stating the facts they don't have to be jabbed. I will think twice before jabbing any pups that are exported again as it only takes a quick phonecall to the airline to check to see if any other dogs are on the flight. The importer has to sign a declaration that the pup is going to be kept on there premises until it has had it's vaccinations. The pup does need worming and tick and flea treatment administered by a vet no later than 48hours before travel.

• Like 1

I pretty much rang all over for information & my friend at the other end also. Defra etc etc & i came to the conclusion that i was not getting anywhere unless i went through a pet travel agent. Total cost coming to over 1000uk.

I also know that pet travel agents do a lot of business,so i am curious as to how things can be done cheaply/diy.

I seen the bill & costs for everything & in truth the kennel & agent fees were the only things i could have saved on & that would have only been several hundred,so we decided to go that route to save any hiccups.

Appreciate it if someone could give a step by step on exporting a pup/adult by air,for these low costs.

• Like 1

I pretty much rang all over for information & my friend at the other end also. Defra etc etc & i came to the conclusion that i was not getting anywhere unless i went through a pet travel agent. Total cost coming to over 1000uk.

I also know that pet travel agents do a lot of business,so i am curious as to how things can be done cheaply/diy.

I seen the bill & costs for everything & in truth the kennel & agent fees were the only things i could have saved on & that would have only been several hundred,so we decided to go that route to save any hiccups.

Appreciate it if someone could give a step by step on exporting a pup/adult by air,for these low costs.

Same here mate. I'm looking at importing some Brit and German breeders' dogs and would like to know if they're having me on about some costs. Loads of cheap flights from both countries to Spain (where I am) so I'm hoping there's cheap ways to do it

Some airlines require you to use a pet courier to sort everything out including paperwork etc which is a fortune in some instances. The pup i exported to the US went with British Airways and they required a pet courier, i found one in Manchester and they booked the flight, provided a vari kennel and sorted the paperwork, they sent me everything and i took the pup down to Heathrow. It still cost over £600