Scope for a .22 250

Hi folks just doing some research before I jump in and a buy a new rifle. Just looking to know if people could recommend me a scope for a .22 250 X bolt. I am just looking to know scopes that people use and the price. The price I would be looking at would be roughly £250 as you can imagine being a student trying to keep the price to a minimum.

Many thanks

I've been recently impressed with the Nikon range, I have a Nikon monarch on my .223 and new this is outside your price range but you might get one 2nd hand or the Nikon Prostaff is in your budget. The way I see it they are one of the top camera manufacturers in the world so they must know something about glass and lenses..

MTC are Good i have a Viper but I find You have to have your eye positioned perfectly or you get shadowing.

Agee with S&B (I also own one of these)if you can add another £100-150 you would get 8x56 which is another league,

ATB

Seeker

I've been recently impressed with the Nikon range, I have a Nikon monarch on my .223 and new this is outside your price range but you might get one 2nd hand or the Nikon Prostaff is in your budget. The way I see it they are one of the top camera manufacturers in the world so they must know something about glass and lenses..

MTC are Good i have a Viper but I find You have to have your eye positioned perfectly or you get shadowing.

Agee with S&B (I also own one of these)if you can add another £100-150 you would get 8x56 which is another league,

ATB

Seeker

+1 on the Nikon prostaff, first class optics for the money, way way better than an MTC viper especialy in low light, which to be fair is when you will be shooting most bof your foxes, I have both scopes and the Nikon is far superior,165 quid at the mo from optics warehouse :thumbs:

Hi mate, As said MTC or Nikon Prostaff, both excellent glass for the money, why pay more than tripple the price for the likes of the S&B, etc, when the above will be more than adequate out to 300Yds plus (Dont think u would shoot much further than this on live quarry!!?) Dont get me wrong S& B, Swarro, etc are very very good scopes, but i personally feel they are over priced, and you pay for the name not the product !! on these occasions i feel its not always a case of -- you get what you pay for !

Just my Opinion, Hope it helps.

LD.

PS. Redfield is also a very good scope , about £250 ..

had a mtc on my 22/250 when i 1st got it found it fairly good. out to 200 yards under lamp. after that the glass starts to struggle imo. [ mind didnt help as i had the xmas tree type ret]

the german a4 i think its called. with the dot is much better for foxing. i agree the glass on the s&b scopes are in a different league. but i don't like fixed mag scopes for foxing.

and muti mag s&b scopes are big bucks. i also find alot of the s&b crosshairs are fairly thick

Edited by jamie g
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...