First proper shoot on new permission

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all you lads out there who struggle to get permission, I only recently moved here to Essex and had nowhere to shoot. so just as a passing thought i decided to put a free add in the local paper for

Yeah im going to pop down the local butcher tomorrow and see if hes interested, at this rate ill run out of freezer space because i dont have a chest freezer in the new flat hahahah.   Just to empha

You just tell me where to point it love....

Nice quick response. I gained 370 acres couple of weeks back, loads of birds but to far away etc. Haven't bothered really. Took my dog for a walk round it other day, came accross one field, no good for lurcher n it was getting dark, my dog nearly pulled my arm out ,there was one there. Looked in the next field over seen one. So climbed over didn care about making noise as I wanted to see where it would go, this field is less than an acre, I must of seen about 30-40, that I could see as light was gone ,just shaddows n glimpse of white tails everywhere lol so basically 369 acres are useless, its the last field their all in lol an gues what the neighbour farm said? She doesn't want the rabbits gone lol so I have one field for rabbits lol

I should say such photos make me mad at airguns...

But you wont will you Ralph? :laugh:

You see Ralph; This is more than an airgun forum, it's not about target shooting, it's about hunting and we in this section use our airguns to hunt :yes:

Now earlier you asked us all if we minded you asking us questions, you can ask as many as you like, but if you prefere to plink at tin cans and shoot at paper targets and dont like the idea of killing with airguns, then perhaps you would be better off on another forum such as airgunbbs where images of dead animals are not allowed :yes:

Like I say we hunt, we kill and a lot of us take pictures of our kills to compliment our stories of our hunting. If you find these offensive, you really dont belong in a hunting forum.

Tony

• Like 3

good to see a s200 doing the biz... cracking litle gun im going to miss mine for the pigeons... makes me laugh when people dis them because theres no gauge on them...just top up before you go out its not rocket science.

good to see a s200 doing the biz... cracking litle gun im going to miss mine for the pigeons... makes me laugh when people dis them because theres no gauge on them...just top up before you go out its not rocket science.

did you used to do a lot of roost-shooting kanny?

still do just waiting for the leafs to drop a bit.... the s200 was perfect for the hides i regret selling it but it didnt suit me in the feilds a little small ... i would have another any day just for the pigeons.

still do just waiting for the leafs to drop a bit.... the s200 was perfect for the hides i regret selling it but it didnt suit me in the feilds a little small ... i would have another any day just for the pigeons.

what do you mean a little small? would you say the s410 would be a better bet?

im 6ft 2" and was more use to heavier spring guns i just found the s200 didnt fit me to well and was to light when taking standing shots but was very handy in the hide and tight spaces.... ive never had a s410 but a freind does ive shoulded it and i personaly didnt like the feel of it but dont let that put you of it could suit you down to the ground everyone is diffrent... if its mostly roost shooting your going to be doing then you want to be looking at somthing short the s200 and s410 carbine would be great but theres plenty more to consider the choice is yours and what feels right for you :thumbs:

Edited by kanny

im 6ft 2" and was more use to heavier spring guns i just found the s200 didnt fit me to well and was to light when taking standing shots but was very handy in the hide and tight spaces.... ive never had a s410 but a freind does ive shoulded it and i personaly didnt like the feel of it but dont let that put you of it could suit you down to the ground everyone is diffrent... if its mostly roost shooting your going to be doing then you want to be looking at somthing short the s200 and s410 carbine would be great but theres plenty more to consider the choice is yours and what feels right for you :thumbs:

well i am 6 foot 1, so similar to you, and yeah it will be used for everything really, from roost shooting to lamping, the lot!!! what gun do you use now then?

well i am 6 foot 1, so similar to you, and yeah it will be used for everything really, from roost shooting to lamping, the lot!!! what gun do you use now then?

a full length bsa super10 mines a mk1 action in a mk3 stock so fairly heavy but i like that its been a very reliable very accurate gun so far if i had the choice i would have had a straight mk3 maybe the bull barrel but beggars cant be choosers.