32 COUNTIES CHAMPION OF CHAMPION on the 9th sep 2012

martin.if you breeda 5/8 or a 3/4 grehound what do you get eventually regardless of tattoos on their ears.and your clam about the whippets is an old one.ernie never has and never will be a whippet he is a non ped and anyone who actually keeps non peds will back that fact.you advertise the dog at stud as a whippet and thats wrong and onadvertantly promotes the cheating at the races.why not advertise him as a non ped.

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man but I'm glad the hunting season has started.lol

Martin,you most likely did tell the truth about Ernie when you let him out to stud but when people try to sell the pups as full bred whippets is where the problem lies over here when it comes to flapp

Just glad I never went !   Nothing sinister about Ginger Jacks breeding !   Ginger Jack 25`` and 58lbs is by Ningbo Jack mated to the well known Enniscorthy lurcher bitch Ginger, owned by John C

martin.if you breeda 5/8 or a 3/4 grehound what do you get eventually regardless of tattoos on their ears.and your clam about the whippets is an old one.ernie never has and never will be a whippet he is a non ped and anyone who actually keeps non peds will back that fact.you advertise the dog at stud as a whippet and thats wrong and onadvertantly promotes the cheating at the races.why not advertise him as a non ped.

Your bang on here Kegs,there are(was) "whippet pups" on done deal sired by Ernie and when i phoned the lad, he was convinced they where full bred whippets but once i heard of their breeding ,i lost all interest (i was looking for a whippet for my bother)but i did put him straight but he was not inpressed :laugh:
  • Like 1

Okay so Ernie is not a pedigree Whippet, that has always been made perfectly clear from day one. You want him classed as a non-ped, but you fail to mention a non-ped what, greyhound , Whippet, Alsation ??

I`ve always classed him as a Racing Whippet and all those people that have used him know that he was a non-ped, so your claim that the guy was `not impressed` when you rang about the pups is a load of rubbish, but thanks anyway for putting him right !

The problem is your ignorance or your failue to accept that in the UK they are classed as NON-PED WHIPPETS. There is a monthly magazine called the Whippet News with all the results for pedigree and non-pedigree events all over the country !

He`s not advertised anymore on DONE DEAL as it`s no longer allowed, but he`s still available to anybody who wants to use him as a non-ped !

Okay so Ernie is not a pedigree Whippet, that has always been made perfectly clear from day one. You want him classed as a non-ped, but you fail to mention a non-ped what, greyhound , Whippet, Alsation ??

I`ve always classed him as a Racing Whippet and all those people that have used him know that he was a non-ped, so your claim that the guy was `not impressed` when you rang about the pups is a load of rubbish, but thanks anyway for putting him right !

The problem is your ignorance or your failue to accept that in the UK they are classed as NON-PED WHIPPETS. There is a monthly magazine called the Whippet News with all the results for pedigree and non-pedigree events all over the country !

He`s not advertised anymore on DONE DEAL as it`s no longer allowed, but he`s still available to anybody who wants to use him as a non-ped !

Martin,you most likely did tell the truth about Ernie when you let him out to stud but when people try to sell the pups as full bred whippets is where the problem lies over here when it comes to flapper racing,over here we do not class them as non ped whippets they are whippet greyhound lines,If Ernie sire a litter of pups to a greyhound bitch,what would you class them? are they whippet/greyhound or are they still a non ped whippet?

and how much greyhound can you put into a lurcher to stop calling them lurchers anymore,15/16 ,31/32 or some are even gone as far 63/64?

IMHO any thing more than 3/4 has defied the purpose as breeding lurchers and if you wanted them for working you might as well of just taken on one of the thousands of greyhounds that are deemed useless every year

• Like 3

i see you got your free advertisment in your last sentence ,you never do miss an oppurtunity tucker do you lol

Just wondering why are non ped whippets not allowed to race with the kc whippets ? if both are under the hight they race at whats the difference what is raced, are the non peds just faster than the show whippets ?

not interested in getting involved in the ernie saga again lads but to answer pauls question there is a massive difference on the speed of a non ped and a proper pedigree racing whippet hence why in england,scotland,and wales there are totally seperate clubs for both and they never race against each other.a few years back non peds were getting very big so all the clubs agreed that a line could only use full greyhonds every 5 generations to keep the dogs of smaller size.if you take a pedigree whippet and stand it beside a non ped of the same height they are two totally different animals.personally i have the pedigree type but thats my choice. martin has a non ped (ernie)thats his choice but two very different animals all the same.the problem in ireland is we dont yet have enough of either type and to many of the inbetween type but only time and interest will sort that out.yours in sport kieran.
  • Like 1

At last a couple of sensible replys instead of the usual accusations ! Not enough of either type of non-ped and KC, even though the Sporting Whippet Club are making great efforts to promote and are to be commended. Now a hybrid version is possibly out there !

As regards racing at shows in the Unders and Overs, you need as much Greyhound Blood as possible or you won`t count. However, there is no way of knowing if it`s 99% or 100%, that`s why I prefer the smaller dogs.

No point comparing the racing with hunting dogs, they are opposite ability wise.

Thanks Tango very good explanation... so more or less the non peds are bred to be fast and kc whippets altho fast are bred to a kc standard...

the kc race dogs are bred fast to fast regardless of looks,they again do not look like the show type whippets you would see at the likes of crufts,being mostly smaller,leaner built and are raced by weight in weight groups and out of traps,there are some good videos on youtube of some of the 150 opens.if you know me from the shows then youll know the wee parti colour bitch i have see is kc race bred though only 19lb weight can go rightly.

Then if they are all measured and the kc type are bred for speed not the show ring , why are the objecting to non peds racing against them ? if there is no advantage in size, then it must be down to the non ped just being faster... ?

non ped and kc whippets can be of the same size weight but the thing is they are carrieing the greyhound gen and this will make them far faster im no gennetic expert but im sure you could get a dog of whippet type size weight and so on but have 90% greyhound gens so on outside its a whippet in side its a greyhound would it be fair to race this with a dog with no greyhound in it i dont thinks so but at end of day im not in whippets for the raceing more the working side

i would like to see more lure coursing ran over diffrent distances from 200 yrd up over jumps and without each round the course changed would make better viewing in my eyes

robert

[/quote i would like to see more lure coursing ran over diffrent distances from 200 yrd up over jumps and without each round the course changed would make better viewing in my eyes

Agreed. It would be a good example of displaying a dogs true character,qualities, potential and what they're used to doing, other than being able to run fast in a straight line

Martin,you most likely did tell the truth about Ernie when you let him out to stud but when people try to sell the pups as full bred whippets is where the problem lies over here when it comes to flapper racing,over here we do not class them as non ped whippets they are whippet greyhound lines,If Ernie sire a litter of pups to a greyhound bitch,what would you class them? are they whippet/greyhound or are they still a non ped whippet?

and how much greyhound can you put into a lurcher to stop calling them lurchers anymore,15/16 ,31/32 or some are even gone as far 63/64?

IMHO any thing more than 3/4 has defied the purpose as breeding lurchers and if you wanted them for working you might as well of just taken on one of the thousands of greyhounds that are deemed useless every year

ya hit the nail on the head there pal anything over 3/4 greyhound shouldn be called a lurcher