what's the different between patterdale in England and the U.S.?

About $200...

I dont have the answer, but I get the impression that smaller terriers are more useful in the U.S.

What sort of hunting have you got planned for your pups? & what sort of hunting are the parents at?

• Like 1

About $200...

I dont have the answer, but I get the impression that smaller terriers are more useful in the U.S.

What sort of hunting have you got planned for your pups? & what sort of hunting are the parents at?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

About $200...

Empty you mailbox waz

• Like 1

the american patts walk about with camera s hanging of there necks and wear sandals with white socks the uk one s are more into there burbury trainers and n dubz lol

Hahahaha & dont forget the out standing riot/looting charges for them :ninja:

Patterdales and other to ground Terriers vary in size greatly depending on what quarry they are used for , and what part of the country they are from.......Racoon vary in size greatly depending on location, with the huge ones coming from the northern tier predominantly.....Fox and badger are scattered throughout the midwest and west, while woodchucks are common in many areas , but limited in a few locations.....Wild hogs are hunted in the southern states and are increasingly moving north...Nutria are seen in coastal areas in the south and west coast primarily, while coyotes are in many areas around the country......As you can imagine different size and type of terriers are used for the various quarry with personal taste influencing choices......While there is a strong influence of Nuttall bred dogs ,mostly from the original imports of the 70's and 80's , Gould bred dogs form Ken directly and other strains have found their way here as well....Maurice Dan sent over a number of dogs in the 80's , several Lakeland strains have been imported , Booth bred dogs ,a number of Stevens dogs have come over, and numerous other Terriers from both England and Ireland.......There is a core of serious Terrierman that work and breed dependable finders and stayers of various lines that have in effect been established from core dogs and remnants of other import dogs....Not likely much different than the UK as far as quality of Terriers, just gotta know the genuine Terrierman from the pretenders......Patterdales from 10 to 25 lbs is the norm with 15-20lbers the average size....And yes, bull blood shows up here and there.......Breedings have been carried on here for near 40 years , so it's not just the same old Nuttall dogs that many seem to think....New lines have been established with a variety of contributers involved, many of them from acclaimed working dogs of their day.........As always, different horses for different courses.

• Like 11