FAC Airgun

Hi HMR Hunter.

I think it likely you will opt for a PCP which come into their own for long range rabbit control on FAC level performance. In which case a Theoben Rapid, Daystate Air Wolf or Air Arms S410 EXTRA FAC would more than meet your expectations. Around 30ft/lbs-plus for these rifles but, the downside of FAC PCP rifles are the limited number of shots per fill due to the amount of air used to fire each shot. The higher the muzzle energy the less shots per fill.

The thing with FAC air is not so much the range, but the pellet speeds at which you can kill humanely with a head shot. As you no doubt know, a wary rabbit will bolt out of the way of a flying .22 pellet at 60 yards but at 30 to 40 it generally hits them before they have a chance to react in time.

But, if you wish to knock down squirrels and 60-yard rabbits and hone your Rimfire/centrefire skils at the same time, I would recommend a spring rifle.

Best of which are Weihrauch HW80 .22 as I have. Around 20ft/lbs. It is a beautifully accurate rat rabbit and squirrel killer at all ranges. Air Arms TX200HC .177 around 16-18ft/lbs is unbelievably accurate at long ranges too. Very flat shooting and very effective all range air rifle.

There's a few to start you thinking.

Regards.

Pianoman