A few pics of my whippet

Whippet blood is saturated with terrier blood the best working dogs of the 70s and 80s had all sorts of terrier crosses in their lineage, now the KC tag is just a moneyspinner its a man made thing and means jack shit , just a piece of paper to hike up the price of a pup. True working whippets have been around for at least the last hundred years , just a question of finding the right litter, whippets take a lot of crap on this forum, generally from people that have probably never owned one or seen one work.From now on the whippet will probably be the main starting block in future lurcher breeding for obvious reasons . Fact is after 50 years of keeping lurchers running dogs sighthounds call them what you like i will always have space for a whippet in my kennels.

:yes: :yes:

Wouldnt be without mine, out in the pouring rain yesterday, soaked to the skin, only out for just a couple of hrs, on way home, dog buggerd off on scent of a bunny, next min, hers by my side with bunny in gob, look at the amount of lurcher folks getting pulled., 7 years ive been running whippets, never pulled yet

Nice whippet matey

• Like 2

Guest long-tail

piperedit.jpg

100_0480.jpg

IMG00080-20110510-1619.jpg

100_0276.jpg

if i was to have one id want it every bit as that,stunner mate :thumbs: although definately got a bit of a bull look about it even if it aint Edited by long-tail

Whippet blood is saturated with terrier blood the best working dogs of the 70s and 80s had all sorts of terrier crosses in their lineage, now the KC tag is just a moneyspinner its a man made thing and means jack shit , just a piece of paper to hike up the price of a pup. True working whippets have been around for at least the last hundred years , just a question of finding the right litter, whippets take a lot of crap on this forum, generally from people that have probably never owned one or seen one work.From now on the whippet will probably be the main starting block in future lurcher breeding for obvious reasons . Fact is after 50 years of keeping lurchers running dogs sighthounds call them what you like i will always have space for a whippet in my kennels.

:yes: :yes:

Wouldnt be without mine, out in the pouring rain yesterday, soaked to the skin, only out for just a couple of hrs, on way home, dog buggerd off on scent of a bunny, next min, hers by my side with bunny in gob, look at the amount of lurcher folks getting pulled., 7 years ive been running whippets, never pulled yet

Nice whippet matey

At the end of the day when my whippets fully fit i would put him up agianst most lurchers and see what the fuss is about takes rabbit easy, will course the long ears doesnt catch as much as he should but never the less and as for the bigger quarry ;) best all round dogs straight breed no cross and for me and a few other does everything and more needed :boogy: