Help !!

Guest Lurcherbitch

I have a rescue lurcher in that i've had about six weeks now. When he eats his food,about half hour later he throws it back up then eats some of it again. I have had him to the vets and had test done but nothing is showing up. I took him again this morning because although he is still running about he does not look in good condition :cry: .

I have tried different foods for him and now at a loss......has anyone else come accross this ?. If so what did ya feed ya dog that got it back in condition.

Any advice gratfully recieved. xx

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lurcherbitch
Have you tried several small meals maybe 3 or 4 of boiled white meat and rice?

Yep tried it in the first week....I am still giving him 4 small meals a day, he seems to be better on that...but his condition is still poor .

I havent tried fish yet do you tink that'll be ok ?

starve the dog off for 36 hourse and and only give him cooled boiled water to drink ... then start him on boiled white fish white rice and boiled chicken i would feed 6 small meals a day to start and as the days go on reduce it to 4 then 3 etc etc ............

Guest Lurcherbitch

reload, His poo is solid but like a poodle would do.......he is about 23inch at the shoulder.

Socks, 36hrs :icon_eek: he is so skinny now will he be ok with that ?.

you need to COMPLETELY empty the stomach and kill of any virus by starving it of food .... a dog can survive for up to 3 weeks without food as long as it is taking on fluids .... you could also try giving a natural yougurt drink such as yakult after the fasting period and before you start the small meals ... you could also add electrolytes to the water to replace the lost salts and minerals .....

Guest Lurcherbitch
you need to COMPLETELY empty the stomach and kill of any virus by starving it of food .... a dog can survive for up to 3 weeks without food as long as it is taking on fluids .... you could also try giving a natural yougurt drink such as yakult after the fasting period and before you start the small meals ... you could also add electrolytes to the water to replace the lost salts and minerals .....

Thanks socks, not only have you got a fit bum but your a minefield of info too :D :kiss: .

Thanks socks, not only have you got a fit bum but your a minefield of info too :D :kiss: .

I have to agree with socks on this one, exspecially since I have been down this road before. You want to completely kill off whatever bacteria/virus there is presant. Part of the reason that you want to start with such small meals is because the stomack may have picked up some bruising from the constant vomiting, and this can be aggitated by large meals causing further vomiting.

Good Luck....CatHunter

Guest Lurcherbitch

Thanks guy's ...here's a pic of him.....he does'nt look too bad, but as we all know the camara puts a few pounds on ya.....just look at the thigh's on me :icon_eek: .....

fosters0089gf.jpg

His eye's have sunken in too, you know that bit when they get really dehydrated...i'll see if i can get a pic of him looking at the camera