Sniper and nancy

• 3 months later...

had a pup sniper x jade 10 years back very very good pup got him from a man in b auckland could run any were as i m not a purist i got him to add to the dogs i already had could run on and never new went to stop got a pup simliar to him a bitch but she doesnt carry his aggresive nature which i liked roe foxes hares was not realy fussed he was ascrapper but a genuine running dog all the best caught single handed roe and hare when legal never caught lots of rabbs with him as i never got him for rabbs etc cant fault the dog

sniper was the best dogs i have seen run without doubt, he killed on small fields and the fens,

joe had to get him put to sleep last year,

when he won the forley in my opinion it was the best win out of all them, i was telling the slipper (gary dickenson) to give him longer slips to give the others a chance because he was that good, even with a nocked up toe , that he was suffering on the day after his first run,

he was bred by d gallager , his sire was a pure saluki (bregawn) to a deerhound x greyhound bitch, i thnk the bitch was 5/8 deerhound.

Nice one shaun i heard there was deerhound blood in him one thing i dont mind in the mix if its the right blood same as the sauki ive read that bregawn was a real tool too.

One things for sure id have loved to see the dog run in the flesh his style was well impressive.

he was a one off type of dog, joe would give the world to have him again , people has to remember when he won the forley there wasnt many people there watching, so the hare had a clear run , in the following years there was hundreds watching and sadly it ended up like park coursing

he was a one off type of dog, joe would give the world to have him again , people has to remember when he won the forley there wasnt many people there watching, so the hare had a clear run , in the following years there was hundreds watching and sadly it ended up like park coursing

Very valid point Shaun ,with all the crowd on the bank,plus the inevitable noise ,some hares options were reduced,I along with many others saw quite a few hares make for the banking.only to spot the crowd and have to veer off it ,and try and straightline the dogs to the nearest pipe or hole in a dyke.Sniper was an excellent dog,an unlucky bitch imowas Big Martins Beauty,it was injured and had to be withdrawn,that was the year Braddies bitch Roxy ,sister to Drax won it.Dont think I saw a dog given bigger slips than Lucky got the Millenium year.

sniper was the best dogs i have seen run without doubt, he killed on small fields and the fens,

joe had to get him put to sleep last year,

when he won the forley in my opinion it was the best win out of all them, i was telling the slipper (gary dickenson) to give him longer slips to give the others a chance because he was that good, even with a nocked up toe , that he was suffering on the day after his first run,

he was bred by d gallager , his sire was a pure saluki (bregawn) to a deerhound x greyhound bitch, i thnk the bitch was 5/8 deerhound.

Snipers Dam was black bess saluki g/h x deerhound g/h :thumbs: