training tips?

On 02/08/2012 at 08:50, KittleRox said:

ask Skycat cause I can,t be arsed lol, its a misconception though that it fxcks the dog up, I done a wee bit tug training with my collie cur last season because she was dropping the bunnys at my feet and they were fooking off then dog chasing/ catching them again and so on, it was doing my head in so i done a couple of sessions of tug training and she starting holding onto them long enough for me to take them from her mouth so it doe,s work, It didn,t make her any harder on the rabbits :no: I can also see how it would help with a sighthoundy type which has no interest in picking the dummy up :thumbs:

Got a bitch pup doing the exact same thing at the moment want her to be abit harder mouthed than she is now

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't be playing 'tug' with it. You'll end up getting a real hard mouthed dog and you wont be able to get game of it...............

Retreating and jumping pretty high up stock breaking recall also very important after that whatever suites you there's a DVD out that will help you out it's called perdeys progress if you pm mr pit he

Tug training is an excellent way to sort out any retrieving problems mate and won,t make the dog hard mouthed if done correctly