My little terrier bitch has a problem with cracks and scabs in all the creases of her pads particularily in the toe folds. Her feet seem terribly dry as well. Has anyone ever encountered this issue and how did you remedy it? My vet doesn't have a clue...I bought medicated bag balm and am going to give it a go.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

seen a couple of dogs with similar (weell, from your descr4iption anyway).give them a good clean in hibiscrub then once they are dry rub olive oil into them and leave it to soak in. keep them as clean as you can and above all make sure the dog isnt allowed to stand in pee or poop or anything else which cause a secondary infection. hopefully you'll see an improvement in a week or two. if it comes back again you might want to consider a trip to a different vet.

Edited by beast

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The bag balm has really worked wonders in the very short time using it. The scabs are falling away and the dry spots are looking well moisturized (and not from olay Paul 7, lol) so far. I realize it's only been a day or 2 but the I'm very pleased with the results so far. The toughest part is stopping her and him from licking it off.

Skycat - their diet consist of a high quality grain free kibble, venison, fish occasionally, lean scraps of meat/veggies and whatever else they eat when I'm not watching. their kibble contains zinc proteinate and zinc sulfate...how much is actually metabolized is a mystery to me though. I'm going to research a little deeper into the zinc def subject.

Thanks again for the suggestions. :thumbs:

• Like 1

A lanolin based cream might help too: applied topically. Is it just the feet that are dry, or does the dog have a dry coat and skin as well? Forgot to ask that before.

The coat and skin are healthy...not dry at all. Her feet were a different story....